XII

Flashback

As the day of the ball party approached, Namjoon and Yoongi worked tirelessly to ensure that everything was perfect. They sent out invitations to all the neighboring packs and made sure that the venue was beautifully decorated. Despite their reservations about Jungkook's decision, they knew that it was their duty as loyal pack members to support their Alpha.

Namjoon and Yoongi were ordering others and that is when they both were pulled back by someone.

Their pupils widened screaming the presence of their wolves. They turned to attack whoever it is but were stopped by seeing their mates. Jin, Jimin, and Jhope.

"What are you guys doing here? and why haven't we been able to sense your scent? Yoongi asked finally taking control.

"Cause you both have been so into decorating the hall for The ball party where Jungkook will choose his mate."Jimin spat causing Namjoon and Yoongi to widen their eyes in shock.

"You both announced to the rest of the pack and the members of the pack about the ball party except for us. May I know the reason behind this?" Jin questioned.
Namjoon and Yoongi looked at each other and sighed.

"We're sorry, Jin, We didn't mean to exclude you guys but it was Jungkook's order to keep it a secret from you guys. Jungkook doesn't want you all to stop this." Namjoon said.

"Hyung I didn't think you will support Jungkook in this matter. You are betraying our Luna." Jhope said looking at Yoongi in disappointment.

"It was Jungkook's order and we can't go against him. You all should be here at the time of the Ball party and should not try to halt the party." Yoongi said.

The three of them stomped away from there without replying to Yoongi. Yoongi and Namjoon know that they are betraying Tae but they don't have any other way. With sadness, they continued their work.

On that evening, the pack gathered in the grand hall, dressed in their finest attire. Jungkook, looking handsome in a black tuxedo, stood at the head of the room. The other pack members and their guests waited with anticipation to see who Jungkook would choose as his mate.

Jin stood beside Jungkook forcefully while others stayed beside their mates. Jin welcomed everyone who gathered there.

As the ball began, the female wolves approached Jungkook to have a formal chat with him.

As the night went on, Jungkook chatted with each of the female wolves, trying to get to know them better. But no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing.

He ignored that feeling and continued to get to know others but he doesn't like any of them. No one is a match for him.

As he turned to go toward the stage, he sensed the Lemon and lavender scents. Lycus whimpered in pain when he realise whose scent is this.

"Mate," Lycus said in a panic. Jungkook widened his eye and looked around the hall to spot Tae at the end of the hall.

Soon a Smirk formed on his lips when something wicked formed in his mind. He moved toward the stage with a wide smile.

Jungkook was keeping an eye on him while he was walking towards the stage.
Everyone in the venue applauded when Jungkook stood up on the stage.

Jin with a disappointed look handed over the mic to Jungkook who received it with a wider smile. He looked around the hall
and smiled looking at someone.