XIX

The rising sun rays illuminated the pack house, casting a warm golden glow on everything in sight. The air was filled with a peaceful calmness that was unusual for a werewolf pack house.

Inside the house, the pack members had already risen and done their morning routines. Jimin and Jin were cooking while the others except for the head alpha were sitting in the living room.

"Hobi, I want you to check on some of our soldiers." Namjoon requested. It was necessary to keep a check on the health of the wolves.

"Ok, Namjoon." Hoseok nodded. "Bring them by evening" he added. Hoseok looked to his side to see Yoongi who was sipping on his third mug of coffee. He has noticed his mate's actions when he was nervous about something. And he is sure Yoongi didn't have a great sleep last night.

"Yoon, are you okay?" Hoseok asked concern etched on his face.

Yoongi looked up, startled by the sudden question. He quickly composed himself and forced a small smile. "Yeah, I'm fine," he replied, taking another sip of his coffee. But Hoseok was not convinced by his mate's answer. There is something Yoongi is nervous about.

The sudden echoing step caught their attention. As Jungkook walked inside the living room, all eyes were on him. Seems like the alpha also didn't have a great sleep. He was a little grumpy seeing by the frown on his face.

Jungkook sat opposite Yoongi who was in his thoughts. He could easily pick up the tension from the alpha. "Hm..did something happen?" He inquired.

"Nothing" Namjoon replied. "Except for Yoongi Hyung being a little lost," he added and glanced at his mate who was cooking in the kitchen. It was unusual that Namjoon felt Jin was a little weary and nervous. He can sense it from the mate bond.

"Can you all stop releasing this shit pheromone?!" Jimin yelled from the kitchen, fed up with the pheromones hitting right at his nose. Everyone froze in their place. He slammed the knife on the counter and glared at everyone.

"We are sorry, chim" Namjoon apologized. He knows it is not easy for Jimin as an omega to handle all the pheromones from the wolves here.

"There is a thing bothering you all" Jimin sighed, reading the faces of the members. "if you want you can share"

Just as Jimin finished speaking, a guard burst into the room, panting heavily. His eyes were wide with fear as he approached Jungkook, the head alpha.

"Alpha, we have a problem," the guard said, gasping for breath. "The rogue we captured last night has been killed."

Everyone in the room froze. This was not good news. Jungkook stood up with fierce eyes. Jin and Jimin moved to the living room hearing the news.

The news of the dead rogue hit the pack members like a ton of bricks. The fact that the rogue had been killed only added to their worry and anxiety.

Jin's face paled at the news. He had been the one who had locked the rogue up the night before, and he couldn't help but feel responsible for what had happened.

Yoongi's expression was also grim, and there was a palpable tension between him and Jungkook. It was no secret that the two alphas had been at odds lately, and this situation only added fuel to the fire.