XXXIX

This is the longest chapter i have written. I request you to read the flashback which is more important to the whole story. I hope you enjoy it ^⁠_⁠^

"My acceptance of your courting proposal."

Jungkook stood still, processing Taehyung's words. He might be hearing things right now. Did he hear it right? Taehyung accepted the proposal. His eyes widened in disbelief, his heart racing with joy as Taehyung's words sank in.

"Seriously?!... You accept it?" The alpha wanted to scream but it only came out as a whisper.

Taehyung nodded, "I do." The Alpha's heart calmed down with the younger's affirmation. "I...I missed you from the day you left for the meeting and I have been losing my mind. I wanted to reject and accept you at the same time."

"Call me selfish but I too deserve love from my mate. My heart had accepted you long ago. You have hurt me badly but my heart and mind couldn't reject you. Being a rogue wasn't my decision, it was my fate likewise losing your parents because of a rogue was your fate. We can't change it."

"I couldn't turn a blind eye to the times you have protected and cared for me. You have taken responsibility for your mistakes and begged me for a chance." Taehyung's voice softened, "Just like you gave yourself a chance to accept a rogue, I want to give you a chance to prove yourself."

Taehyung stepped forward, gently taking the Alpha's palm and holding it into his. "I want you to earn my trust and love, Jungkook." His words were firm. "Prove that my decision isn't wrong."

Jungkook stepped forward, closing the distance between them. He reached out, gently cupping Taehyung's cheek with his hand, his touch tender yet filled with a newfound sense of possessiveness. His eyes were glassy as same as Taehyung's.

"Thank you, Taehyung," Jungkook whispered, his voice filled with emotion.  "For giving me a second chance."

"I promise to cherish you, to protect you, and to love you with all that I am. I will prove that your decision is right."

Taehyung's breath caught in his throat at Jungkook's words, feeling a rush of emotion wash over him. He leaned into Jungkook's touch, his heart overflowing with affection for the alpha before him.

"I choose to trust you, Jungkook," Taehyung murmured, his voice soft yet resolute.

"I won't break it." He assured, wiping the tears that were rolling down the omega's cheeks. "Can I hug you?"

With a soft smile, Taehyung nodded and leaned into Jungkook's embrace. The alpha wrapped his arms around Taehyung, pulling him close with a gentle yet firm hold. A contented sigh left the Trueblood's lips to have his mate in his arms after a long time.

The omega comfortably placed his head on the well-built chest of his alpha. He could hear the fast beats of the elder's heart and it brought a satisfied smile on his lips. He would cherish this moment forever.

--

The members were engaged in some conversations and their talks came to a halt as they heard the descending footsteps and looked up to see the pack alpha with his omega.

Jimin's eyes widened in astonishment, his heart soaring with delight at the sight of Jungkook and Taehyung walking hand in hand, their smiles brighter than ever before. "It better be what I'm thinking," Jimin exclaimed, his voice filled with hope and anticipation.

Jungkook's chuckle filled the room, his eyes sparkling with affection as he looked at Taehyung, who nodded in agreement. "We have something to announce," Jungkook declared, his voice steady yet brimming with excitement.