XVI

Taehyung POV

The icy breeze from the dawn hit my face as I glanced at the moon which was shining. My eyes were tired yet I could not get a wink of sleep pondering over my mate.

After what had happened yesterday, I could not even divert my mind from the fact that my mate's life is in danger. I don't even know why I am worrying about the one who doesn't even glance at me.

All he did was keep hurting my heart which was already hurt and broken. Yet this stupid heart is worried for him. Why is this happening? I stood up and walked towards the window to take a clear view of the moon.

"Why is this happening to me?" I questioned towards the bright moon which shined hiding her flaws. "All I wanted was to have a mate who would get me out of this sea of sorrow," a lone tear rolled down my cheeks without my permission.

"But he is the one who is pushing me back into it" My hand clutched the frame of the window to get the strength to hold me. "Still my heart is breaking at the thought of him getting hurt and why is this?" I couldn't help but cry harder.

I looked up to the moon as my cry halted, "You were the one who taught me to admire the one at a distance" My hands wiped the tears. "And that's how I started to admire him and, now I am incapable of hating him"

My heart craves him but I can't feed it because he is away from me. However, I feel helping him is the only way to quench this craving.

"I may not be anything to you" I could feel my heart breaking," but you are my everything and the only one I can call mine for now" The sense of feeling orphan hit at the thought pains me more.

"And I am going to risk my life to protect you"

Author POV

Tae started his work earlier than any other day. He wants to meet his mate and make him aware of the threat that he will be going to face soon but he won't be able to move out of the omega den until he finishes off his work.

At present, he is taking food to the dining table where Ava and others are waiting for breakfast. He was about to reach the dining table that is when one of Ava's minions stretched her leg causing him to stumble.

The hot food slipped on his body burning his skin. He whimpered in pain. He moved toward the table and placed it.

"I thought you were useless when you are a werewolf but I think you are even useless when you are a human. That's the reason why your wolf left you." Ava said causing others to laugh at him. Tae's eyes brimmed with tears hearing their harsh words but he controlled them.

He can endure everything but not this. His wolf doesn't leave him because he was useless. His wolf left him because his mate chose someone else as his mate when he have one out there.

Now he understands why they ill-treated him the other day. They all came to know about his wolf. They were saying something but he ignored it and run out of the room to his room.

As soon as he entered the room he went inside the bathroom and cleaned his body. He looked into the mirror and caressed the wound on his stomach where the hot food slipped on him. The burning sensation is still there but endured it.

He moved out of the bathroom and changed into new clothes. He decides to go to Jungkook without wasting any more time there since he had completed every work for now.

He stepped out of the omega den without anyone noticing him. He signed in relief and walked towards the pack house.

It took him about 10 minutes to reach there since he walked there slowly. He didn't see anyone out there so he moved inside. He saw Jimin and others speaking with Mr.Kim and Mr.Min.