XX

Astonished. Even that word is not enough to express the shock he is in now. Tae gaped at the male in front of him. Tingles of recognition spread through his entire being, his heart racing in his chest. It was not Jimin or others but an unexpected person.

"Jungkook"

His mate, Jeon Jungkook is the one who stopped him. For a moment, Tae couldn't believe it was Jungkook but the moment when the alpha's soft palm was holding to his wrist tightened, he knew it was real.

"Stay with me," Tae was stunned by the words which left the alpha's lips. He had thought that Jungkook didn't even know he was leaving, but here he is, right in front of him.

Tae came out to reality and pulled away his hand from the warmth of his mate. Jungkook's eyes were fixed on Tae, and there was a fierce determination in them that made Tae's heart skip a beat. He had never seen Jungkook look so intense before, and it was both thrilling and terrifying.

"I need to leave or else I will lose myself" Tae replied, staring right into the alpha's eyes. The eyes which gawked at him with hate held warmth now. His presence was even comforting to him that he didn't want to step away from the male in front of him.

Jungkook took a step closer, closing the distance between them, his voice laced with urgency. "You won't. I won't let that happen."

Tae's heart wavered as he listened to Jungkook's earnest words. But the pain of past rejections and feelings of unworthiness still lingered within him, clouding his judgment.

"You don't understand," Tae whispered, his voice trembling. "I've been through so much, and I can't bear this anymore in my life. No one likes my presence here including you. So It's better for both of us if I'm not here."

"No, I can't let you go" Jungkook replied determined to keep him stay. "No one here hates you. Didn't you see Jimin Hyung? Jin Hyung?" He explained.

Tae's head hung down. He didn't want Jungkook's words to brainwash him. He knows how much others adore him but they don't know how much he had to go through just because he stayed back. And the sole reason is Jungkook, His mate.

Tae gazed back at Jungkook intending to ask a question that rolls up his tongue. "What about you?"

Tae observed how Jungkook froze in his place. He knows Jungkook can't answer that because it was crystal clear that the alpha hates him to hell.

A scoff left his mouth, "Right! Why would I ask? You already made it clear that you hate me" Jungkook's hand clenched at his words. "that's why you didn't believe me and let them take my life away."

Jungkook took a deep breath, trying to reign in the surge of emotions that threatened to overwhelm him. But he lost his control hearing Tae's words.

"Or are you trying to take my life using that wolf?" As tae finished his words a loud gasp left his mouth.

Jungkook grabbed tae by his wrist pulling dangerously closer to him. A threatening growl emitted from Jungkook as his eyes turned fiery red. Tae was glued to his mate's well-built chest with his innocent eyes went wide.

Tae's heart pounded in his chest, a mix of fear and confusion swirling within him. He had never expected such a reaction from Jungkook. He had never seen this side of Jungkook before, and it sent shivers down his spine.

"Don't. Mutter. That" Seething words slipped out of Jungkook's gritting teeth."I WOULD RIP HIS HEART IF HE DARES TO NEAR YOU" Tae's eyes played to and fro between Jungkook's glaring eyes.

"Jungkook" Tae's voice trembled with both fear and concern as he called out Jungkook's name. It was as if his words had broken through the barrier of rage that had consumed the alpha, and he watched in awe as Jungkook's fiery eyes returned to their familiar chocolate-brown hue.