XXXVIII

The Trueblood and the beta jumped the wooden log and raced through the forest. They left the Guardian Pack earlier sending off Alpha Soobin and his mates. Now they were going in search of Min Hara and Jin's brother.

"We are here, Hyung." Jungkook halted his steps followed by Jin. They were in the middle ground between the Guardian Pack and the Shadow Hunters Pack. It was a dense forest with lush greenery. "Did Jina say anything specific?"

"Hara will be living in a cabin which is behind a cave. Firstly, we must find that cave." Jungkook nodded at Jin's words.

"Let's split and search for the cave. Be careful, we don't want to lock horns with Shadow Hunters Pack," The Trueblood warned, "mind link me immediately if there is anything."

"Ok," Jin and Jungkook parted ways in search of the cave. The beta moved to his left deep into the forest. It was very difficult to find the cave as it is thickly grown with bushes and trees. Time was moving into an hour and yet there was no sight of the cave for them.

Jin gasped for the air leaning his back onto the nearest tree. He had run covering most of the forest but he failed. The beta fell to his knees as his legs gave up, tears were piling in his eyes.

"I can't fail... I want to find her and my brother." The thought of not finding his brother killed him. "I need to go around once again." He mumbled rising to his feet. In the process, his legs tangled with a wine and he falls down the hill.

Jin screams in pain as he crash lands on the mud, the rocks scratching his elbows and knees. He sat up dusting his dress but his eyes widened when he looked up at the huge cave before him. "This is it!" He quickly jumps to his feet and goes around in search of the cabin. As he moved, he saw the cabin.

"I have found you," Jin mumbled running towards the cabin. His heart leaped in happiness to find Min Hara and soon he will see his brother. The beta stopped before the door breathing heavily, hands on air already knocking on the door.

Jin patiently waited for the other person to open the door but there was no movement. "Open the door! Min Hara!" He knocked once again. "It's me Kim Seokjin." Yet there was no response. So Jin took it into his hands and banged on the door. He slammed his shoulders to the door to break it until the lock broke. He was thrown inside the cabin.

Jin closely studied the cabin. It was lit by candles, books were shattered across the single-spaced cabin. The sheets in the old wooden bed were wrinkled which means there is someone here. He took a deep breath.

The beta roughly turned to hold the arm of the omega who was stunned by the beta's reflex. Jin clutched her wrist too hard until the dagger fell from her hand. The omega screeched in pain inflicted on her frail arms.

"Le..leave me!!" She cried in distress. Jin knew she was behind him and let her get her way. He examined her and she was her, Min Hara. She was nearly fifty, looking frail and old. Neither she was good at attacking, it meant she knew some tricks to protect herself. Seeing her in pain, he released her hand.

"Who are you-" Min Hara screamed looking up at the beta and sucking her breath. She stumbles back gasping for more air. Her eyes couldn't see the truth in front of her. The male in front of her was the same seven-year-old boy with the features of his father and the eyes of her mother but was more mature and handsome than ever.

"You are...S...Seokjin...Kim Seokjin?" Min Hara stuttered out in a weak voice. 

Jin stared at her, "I am Kim Seokjin from The Golden Supreme Pack." Min Hara's jaw dropped at the revelation. "The eldest beta son of Kim Daehyun and Kim Jinseol."

"You are alive." She whispered, her eyes filling with tears. "I am sorry that...I attacked you." She hung her head.

"It seemed you were already expecting someone to attack you." Jin guessed strolling towards her, noticing the limp on her right leg. "Were you?" He asked.