XXIV

"YOU!!" Taehyung trembled in the alpha's grip. Sweat beads rolled down from his forehead to his neck. He quickly detached himself from the alpha male while gulping hard.

"Don't you have eyes?!! Watch where you are going" The alpha's wild jade eyes started right into Tae's hazel brown eyes.

"I..am sorry" Tae mumbled, bowing his head. He sighed internally at the thought of not getting caught. He thanked Luna and turned to escape from the male but before that, he stopped him.

"Wait a minute," the alpha pondered," I have seen you somewhere" He guessed.

Tae's breath hitched at his words. He felt as if his heart dropped to his stomach. He shook his head denying the other. "No.."

"No way that I will forget someone like you" The alpha tried to read Tae's eyes. Tae shook his head trying to turn away.

"Yeonjun!?"

Both the alpha and Omega turned to the voice to see Jungkook, who was following Tae from the moment he left the pack house. Yeonjun, the alpha, left Tae's hand and stepped back still staring at Tae. Tae sighed in relief moved away from Yeonjun and looked at Jungkook.

Jungkook gawked at Tae who was avoiding his eyes. He wanted the omega alone to have a conversation but this is not the right time. He didn't fail to notice how he was uncomfortable around Yeonjun.

"Good noon, Alpha" Yeonjun bowed in respect. Jungkook nodded in acknowledgment, but his eyes were on the omega.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook questioned. Yeonjun opened his mouth to reply but he sensed it was for the omega next to him.

Tae looked up, "I...I was... That..." he stuttered, looking here and there. He doesn't want to reveal that he is still going to the lakeside. "I was just strolling around" he answered.

Jungkook stared at him and nodded. He knew the omega was lying right on his face but he let it slide. Jungkook turned to Yeonjun who stared at them.

"Who is this beautiful male? Is he your mate?" Yeonjun inquired, smiling at them. Tae turned to Jungkook, while the alpha stared back at him. The omega's heartbeat was rising. Hope rose as the alpha looked at him. He wanted the alpha to acknowledge him as his mate.

"Oh, you are here!!" A voice interrupted their convo shifting their attention. Tae turned to the voice and his heart stopped beating for a minute. They are here... The four males. He quickly turned his face away from them.

"Yeonjun!! We were searching for you" Soobin rolled his eyes at the alpha who giggled. "Looks like you met the alpha before us" They all stood before Jungkook and bowed in respect.

"Welcome Black Blood Pack, What is the reason for this sudden arrival?" Jungkook questions nodding his head. They were so engrossed in the conversation that they didn't mind the omega beside them.

"We are here to meet you and discuss some important matters, Alpha." The leader of the group, Soobin answered with a polite and respectful tone.

Jungkook's expression remained composed as he nodded. "I see. Well, you're welcome here. We will go to my office to continue our discussion."

Jungkook motioned for Soobin and the other members of the Black Blood Pack to follow him, He secretly motioned Tae to come along with them and led the way back toward his office. As they walked, Tae trailed slightly behind, feeling a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

He glanced at Jungkook's back, noticing the way the alpha carried himself with authority and confidence. It was a stark reminder of the responsibilities that came with being a leader.