XXV

Taehyung's POV

I left the room in anger. I don't like how she placed herself beside him. I was about, to tell the truth about her to him but she destroyed everything.

I can't say anything in front of her. She is cunning and she will do anything to attain what she wants.

My emotions swirled within me as I walked down the corridor towards the living room, the memory of the encounter with Ava still fresh in my mind. I couldn't shake off the frustration and anger that had built up during our brief interaction. The way she had placed herself beside Jungkook had ignited a fire of jealousy within me that I  hadn't expected.

As I continued walking, lost in my thoughts, I almost bumped into Jimin, who was rounding the corner. Jimin's eyes widened in surprise as he steadied me, concern evident on his face.

"Whoa, there. Are you okay?" Jimin asked, his voice filled with genuine worry.

I blinked, realizing where I was. I  managed a small smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, I was lost in my thoughts."

Jimin studied me for a moment before nodding. "Is something bothering you? You seem a bit off."

"It's nothing Jimin." I lied not wanting to let others know about my problems except Jhope.

"Hm...If you have anything to convey you know I am all ears." Jimin assured. He smiled at me which I returned.

"The Black Blood Pack will be staying here for a week. Alpha informed me." I conveyed the information that I got recently.

"Oh! Jin Hyung informed us about their arrival but didn't inform us about their stay." Jimin said. I just replied with a hum feeling too tired to even speak.

"Tae you go and take rest. You helped us even in this condition of yours. Let me take this tray to the kitchen." Jimin said taking the tray from my hand which I gave without any further complaints.

"Thank you." I thanked Jimin Hyung for his concern. Jimin Hyung smiled and moved towards the kitchen.

I was about to move towards my room but was interrupted by someone calling me from behind.

"You! Wait there," I turned around only to see Yeonjun. My eyebrows were crushed in confusion as I tried to process why he was approaching me.

He moved towards me and stood right in front of me at a distance. His gaze was intense, and I could feel his eyes studying me. It made me slightly uncomfortable, especially after the encounter I had just had with Ava.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice a bit more defensive than I intended. I didn't want to deal with any more confrontations at this point.

Yeonjun's lips curved into a small smile. "Easy there, I'm not here to start a fight."

"Then what are you here for?" I asked trying to stop this conversation as soon as possible.

Yeonjum let out a soft chuckle, running a hand through his hair. "Look, I know our first meeting wasn't exactly smooth. But I wanted to clear the air. We're going to be around for a week, and I'd prefer it if we could at least be friends."

"I don't have any problem with you and your pack members. So if you'll excuse me, I will go to my room to take a rest." I said and moved toward my room, but before I could take a few steps, my foot caught on a small rug and I stumbled forward.

Instinctively, I closed my eyes, bracing myself for impact, but it never came. Strong arms wrapped around me, stopping my fall. My eyes flew open, only to find Yeonjun's steady gaze inches away from my own.