XXIX

"TAEHYUNG!!"

Yeonjun barged into the room, panicking. The bellowing call startled the couple in romance. Jungkook stepped back, rubbing his nape while Tae nibbled on his lower lip, trying to hide his bubbling smile. Their cheeks burned with the embarrassment of getting caught by the hyper-alpha.

The young alpha held the omega by his shoulders, with worry-dripping eyes. "Are you okay?" He whispered, checking him from head to toe, "I heard what happened to you at the dungeon".

Jungkook's eyes narrowed at the alpha's actions and he didn't like the distance between them. Not a bit. With the notion of asserting his presence, he brought his hand to mouth and cleared his throat.

"He's fine" He interjected, catching the attention of the younger. Yeonjun's eyes widened and he instantly bowed toward the true blood. Tae, sensing the burning jealousy of his mate, chuckled lightly.

"I didn't notice you, Hyung" Yeonjun apologized, with a meek smile.

"you wouldn't" Jungkook whispered under his breath, but put on a wide smile. "How did you know this?" he questioned.

"Jimin Hyung told us..." Yeonjun replied, looking at Tae, who smiled at him. "Then I didn't wait another second and came here. You are okay right?" he again asked.

"yeah, yeah! I am fine" Tae assured with his genuine smile. "Just need a good sleep"

"If you want-" Yeonjun words were cut off by Jungkook who moved towards him.

"Let him sleep for a while." Jungkook looked at Yeonjun and then at Tae. After a minute of silence, Yeonjun nodded and looked at Tae.

"Okay then...take rest." Yeonjun smiled. Tae smiled back. Jungkook glared at the young alpha. Yeonjun, after wishing them Good night, moved out of the room leaving them for good.

Both of them looked at each other and their cheeks dusted with the hue of red reminiscing how they were kissing minutes before. Tae bit his lips, feeling small in front of his alpha, whose eyes bored into his.

They sensed this newfound spirit and tingles surging through their body. Their relationship was a budding one which was kindling with their petite interactions. It made them crave for each other.

Jungkook, sensing the residual awkwardness, cleared his throat, his cheeks tinged with a faint blush. "Well, um, I guess I should let you get some rest."

Tae nodded, equally bashful. "Yeah, I could use a good night's sleep."

Jungkook gave a small smile, "I'll see you in the morning then." He said and moved out of the room before glancing at Tae one last time.

Tae watched Jungkook leave, a mix of emotions lingering in the air. The room felt both alive with the memory of their stolen moments and strangely quiet as Jungkook's presence faded. Tae couldn't shake the butterflies that danced in his stomach.

As the door closed, Tae sighed, sinking into the bed. He replayed the night's events in his mind, a shy smile playing on his lips.

Other than the incident that happened in the dungeon his day was far better than the other days. With a new sense of hope, he soon drifted to sleep.

Jungkook POV

I left out of the room and made my way toward my room. Soon I entered my room and plopped myself on the bed. My mind is still consumed with the recent events. That was the third kiss we shared but it hit me differently from others.

The taste of Tae's lips lingered on mine, and the warmth of his touch sent shivers down my spine. Which I didn't express at that moment. As I lay on the bed, I couldn't escape the vivid memories of our stolen moments, each one etching itself into my consciousness.