XXXII

Happy Birthday to @taekook_forever_18 who asked me for the update. I wish her a happy and healthy life ahead💜.

Jungkook thrashed in the clutches of the wolves who held him down. His eyes glazed with the color of the fire which surrounded him. His heart ached at the sight of his pack getting burned by the rogues.

The same pack, the same place, the same himself, and the same helplessness.

Each of them rampages in the pack, killing the alphas, omegas, and betas, and abusing the females and children for their needs. Yet he couldn't move an inch to help them.

"Leave Me!!" He scowled, trying his best to tackle the rogues beside him but it was in vain. His ears echoed with the helpless screams of his pack wolves, eyes tearing up from seeing the lifeless bodies of the children who once ran through the same path. But here he was tied down, incapable of lending a helping hand to his pack.

"Not until I kill you inch by inch, Jeon!" Jungkook turned to the voice to see a huge figure walking on his hind legs, a dark aura spreading around him. He couldn't recognize the one in front of him but the smokey black eyes screamed the evilness in his heart.

His eyes go wide seeing the familiar fragile body dragged by the wolf by the other's hair. Jungkook squirmed; his whole body on fire, seeing his life being dragged by the wolf. The wolf's face bleeding with cuts and wounds, lips dried without any moisture; hands cut and legs tied in thorn wires.

"Argh!!! Leave him!!!" Jungkook growled, his eyes pooled with tears of helplessness. "Don't you dare touch him!!!" His eyes go red and to normal, back to back. He knew his words were futile and he was no help to rescue the wolf.

"This is the punishment for you Jungkook!!" The Rogue laughed hysterically and pulled back the omega's head by his hair. A groan left the wolf's lips, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"You don't deserve anything... Not any happiness... Not him" The rogue pulled out a knife and placed it on the wolf's neck, ready to slit it into two.

"No no...No...NO!!!" Jungkook wiggled, now his hand untied yet he couldn't move from the place. He looked at his hand and the wolf before him. He desperately tries to stand up but he fails. Sobs leaving his lips, heart pounding at undesirable speed, life at stake.

"You are an alpha who couldn't protect your loved ones," The rogue mocked, "Now say goodbye to him, You pathetic alpha!"

"Jun..Jungkook?"

The rogue slit the knife across the wolf's neck, the blade cutting through fur and skin, a cruel smile playing on the rogue's lips. Jungkook's eyes widened with horror as he watched the rogue's malicious act unfold before him.

He was near to him but he couldn't protect him. He couldn't protect anyone. He was a failure. He failed as an alpha... Failed as a leader... Failed as a mate.

He saw his mate's lifeless body drop dead in front of him.

"TAEHYUNG!!!!"

Jungkook sat up screaming his mate's name, which sliced the silence of the forest. His fiery red eyes scanned the surroundings in a mix of confusion and fear. Sweat beads rolled down from his face to this well-built naked chest.

The vivid echoes of the screams and the scent of burning filled the air and clung to his senses, making it difficult for him to shake off the residual fear and the sight of his mate's lifeless body etched into his heart.

He could hear the distinct voice trying to calm him down but none getting into his head. Slowly, he could hear the voices around him.

"Jungkook! Calm down!"