Chapter Eleven: Last Dance

Henrik's Pov

I was so fucking angry. That's an understatement.

Aria and I just found out from our mother that not only are we not allowed to go to prom, but we're not allowed to go to graduation.

Instead, we have to walk to the mailbox to get our diploma.

As for prom, Mrs. Hastings has decided to host a small gathering in her backyard barn.

I swear to god if it wasn't for Aria grabbing my hand and leading me upstairs in order to cool down, I would've burst at any moment.

A has taken away so much from us.

We weren't able to be normal teenagers because of A.

Because of A, we've been through hell and back. Trying to stay alive given the amount of times he tortured us.

Because of A, we're left with trauma and ptsd.

Everything bad and deadly that has happened to us is because of A.

And for that, I'll never, ever, forgive him.

The girls and I met up at the brew to discuss everything because we're all angry and disappointed.

Spencer was currently telling us about her conversation that she had with her mother about hosting a prom in their backyard barn.

"That's what she said?" I asked in disbelief.

"No, there was more. She said something about hanging twinkly lights on Melissa's shower curtain. But by that time, I was already halfway up the stairs" Spencer explained, scoffing at the end.

"Well, I guess it could be worse" Aria shrugged.

"Really? How?" Hanna asked.

We all turned towards her as Aria remained silent.

"I'm thinking" Aria defended.

I snorted slightly and took another sip of my coffee.

"Ali, are you ok?" Emily asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Even if we went to the real prom, who would we hang out with besides each other?" Alison asked.

She does make a good point there...

"That's true. Everyone would just stare at us like we were in some fishbowl" Hanna sighed.

"Yeah, and we wouldn't be safe. We already know that Charles has some twisted things with formals" Aria said.

"We've already been to one psycho prom that he hosted" I added, rolling my eyes.

I swear remembering that stupid prom in the dollhouse gives me nightmares.

"Have you spoken to Clark?" Emily asked.

"No. I've left him, like, five messages" Aria said.

Turns out Spencer, Hanna and Emily saw Clark meet up with Rhys last night after the gallery.

They believe that he's helping Rhys, who we believe could be Charles.

"Did you mention who we saw him meet up with?" Spencer asked.

"You didn't give me a name" Aria shrugged.

"What about Charles?" Hanna suggested.

"He goes by Rhys" Spencer said, causing Hanna to roll her eyes.

We heard the door open and we turned around to see Lorenzo walk in.

When he and Ali made eye contact, his eyes turned cold while hers turned into one of guilt and desperation.