Chapter Fourteen: How She Survived

Henrik's Pov

To say Caleb and I were shocked would be an understatement of the century.

Standing just a few feet in front of us was Maya St. Germain. The same Maya that was found dead years ago.

The same Maya that had ran away and never told us, let alone Emily, where she was going.

The same Maya we all thought was dead because her creepy stalker, Lyndon James, killed her.

How the hell...

"What the fuck?!" I downright screamed.

Maya flinched, so did everyone else, not including Klaus.

Caleb was staring at Maya with wide eyes and jaw drop, he couldn't believe what he was seeing either.

"How...how...what?" I stuttered.

Maya pressed her lips into a thin line, nervously rubbing her arm, as she glanced at the others.

Rebekah and Klaus immediately walked towards her, standing at both her sides.

Rebekah smiled softly at her, mouthing 'it's ok' to her for reassurance.

Klaus sent her a faint smile, gently rubbing her shoulder.

"What the hell is this? Who are you?" I asked, staring at Maya.

Part of me wants to believe that this was just someone else, someone else that freakishly had the same face as Maya.

Another part of me believes that I'm going insane and seeing ghosts.

"Henrik..." Elijah trailed off.

"This is a dream. No, a nightmare. I'm having a fucking nightmare and I'm seeing dead people" I shook my head.

Klaus sighed and moved away from Maya, taking a few steps forward.

"Henrik, I can assure you that you're not seeing things. This is really Maya" Klaus softly said.

"Shut the hell up! Don't lie to me!" I yelled.

"Henrik, I-" Maya started, but I cut her off.

"No, you shut up too! Don't say anything to try and convince me that you're really who you say you are!" I yelled.

Maya looked taken aback by that, but she kept her mouth shut, although I could see some sadness in her eyes.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists at my sides.

"What the hell is this? How the hell is this possible?" I asked.

Too many question were running through my head as well as too many possible ideas.

If this really is Maya, if this is the same Maya I knew back from Rosewood, then what the hell happened?

How the hell is she alive?

How does she know the Mikaelson family?

Has she been living in New Orleans the entire time?

Did the Mikaelson's take her in and keep her hidden?

I wanted answers. I needed answers. And I need them now.

However, I was feeling too overwhelmed with everything, it was all too much for me.

Groaning in pain, I raised my hand to touch the side of my head, I felt a headache coming on.

"Baby boy?" Caleb asked, concern shown in his tone.

I wanted to answer him, I wanted to tell him how dizzy I felt, that I needed to lie down.

But I could barely say anything without groans and whines of pain escaping my lips.