Chapter Twenty-Five: Did You Miss Me?

Henrik's Pov

It's fair to say that I'm somewhat recovering from what happened last night, although my arm does hurt.

The girls have been extra protective whenever they're near me because the last thing they want is for me to get hurt.

I could accidentally drop my water bottle and they would spring into action.

I appreciate the thought but it's annoying.

The last thing I want is for them to assume I'm made of glass because of what happened.

Anyway, moving on from that.

Emily, Aria and I were with Spencer in the barn as we were currently discussing Mona.

Apparently, after the party, Emily took Mona somewhere private to talk about Charlotte because Mona was the one that called her from the diner place.

"Mona basically told you she was ready to kill Charlotte" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah, but she didn't because Charlotte never showed up" Emily said.

"Not guilty because the victim didn't show? That's setting the bar pretty low, Em" Spencer said.

Emily sighed and shook her head, biting her lip.

"Innocent, guilty, whatever, she admits to being the brunette on the phone, let's tell Tanner this so I can get off the suspect list" Aria said.

"So do you think she's lying?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

I know that Mona had her own issues with Charlotte but I don't believe she killed her.

Yes, Mona has done some bad things in the past, but I don't think she killed her.

"Well, pick a topic" Spencer said.

"About Charlotte not meeting her that night" Emily said.

"That's probably true. It's too easy to check" Spencer shrugged.

"While you three are discussing this, let's remember that I was the one that was in a lineup. Alright? It's really unflattering lighting there" Aria scoffed.

"So what, do we wait?" Spencer asked.

"For what? Whoever this is wants us to hand over Charlotte's killer before election night. And they're getting impatient" Emily explained.

I let out a scoff and raised my arm, the arm that was burned and bandaged.

"Yeah? Well, does anyone wanna put some ointment on that impatience?" I sarcastically asked.

Aria frowned and sighed slightly as she gently rubbed my shoulder.

We have to think of something before election night.

Because trust me, I don't want the girls, or myself, to get into another incident like last night.

"Look, a free-range Mona is more likely to lead us someplace, especially if she thinks we believe her" Spencer spoke.

"So, we believe her?" Emily asked, confused.

"We believe her enough" Spencer sighed.

I sighed and rested my head on Aria's shoulder, causing her to sigh and pat my head.

This entire situation is giving me a headache and I hate it so damn much.

At The Brew

If things couldn't get any worse...

Apparently, Alison is in the hospital because she 'accidentally' fell down the stairs.

The girls and I all met up in the brew to discuss that very topic. Spencer was currently showing us a photo of Alison on her phone.