Chapter Twenty-Four: Burn This

Henrik's Pov

Aria, Emily, Hanna and I were at my old house cleaning up the decorations from last nights wedding.

And apparently, we learned from Aria that Alison and Dr. Rollins were engaged and last night they asked Aria to marry them.

I'm sorry but that alone made me so confused and a little weirded out.

Who in their right mind would get married just as they got engaged?

"It's just so weird. I mean, I barely know the guy's first name, and now he's married to Ali" Hanna spoke.

"Right. Well, I'm sure he seems like a stranger to us, but Alison and Elliott have known each other for years" Aria explained.

"Hey, they just started going out. I mean, what is this, their second date?" I sarcastically asked.

"Exactly. Whatever happened to dinner and a movie?" Hanna asked.

She set a few plates down as she started eating the cake she had.

"Oh, Han? There's lipstick on that fork" Aria said.

"Ew" Hanna gagged.

She quickly handed Aria the plate as she wiped her hands with her skirt.

"I'm sure it seems strange, but if you saw Alison and Elliott, it's pretty romantic" Aria smiled slightly.

I rolled my eyes at that while Emily scoffed as she got off her phone.

"Like romance has anything to do with it. Ali has lost everyone she has ever cared about. She's desperate for a family" Emily shook her head.

"Maybe she's smart. If you elope, no one can throw you a bridal shower" Hanna scoffed.

"Since when do you not like bridal showers? Gifts, expensive lingerie, cake. They're, like, made for you" Aria smirked.

"Not when we have two monsters after us" Hanna sighed.

"I still can't believe I'm invited to your bridal shower. I thought no boys were allowed" I chuckled slightly.

Hanna's having a bridal shower tomorrow and, surprisingly, I'm invited too.

Hanna sighed and sent me a glare, a glare filled with some anger and exasperation.

"Hen, are you really still asking that? You're invited because you're my best friend, my brother in all but blood. Meaning you're an exception" Hanna explained.

I smiled softly at her and nodded.

She smiled back at me and ruffled my hair, causing me to huff.

"Spencer's not answering" Emily sighed, walking towards us.

"No, she's probably still dealing with the fallout from the Yvonne leak" I frowned.

Apparently, Carl told the Hastings that he was the one that leaked Yvonne's medical report and he was fired.

"There's no way Spencer's parents would believe that Carl did that" Emily frowned.

"Yeah, well be glad that they do, because if they thought that we had a new A, they'd march straight down to the police station" Aria explained.

Agreed.

The last thing we need is for our parents to learn about this new A.

"You guys, our stalker already warned us. Ok. If we talk to the cops, we're gonna have targets on our backs" Hanna said.

"We already do. Melissa tried to turn me into roadkill last night" Emily said.

"No. She's not the one sending texts and going after Yvonne" I shook my head.