Chapter Forty: Power Play

Henrik's Pov

Caleb was released from the hospital a few days after the accident and I was so relieved.

My fiance and the father of our son is alright and safe and has no permanent injuries 

Caleb called his boss and told him everything that happened and his boss was understanding and let him take a few days off so he could rest. Once he was better he could get back to work.

Since I didn't want him going anywhere he was resting in bed all day.

He's lucky that he gets to rest in bed all day and just watch movies or play games on his phone.

Unfortunately, I couldn't and I couldn't even join him in bed so we could cuddle.

Because I was now standing in Alison's living room along with the other girls.

Apparently the board game appeared on her dining room table so she believes it's going to be her turn.

Not only that, but detective Fury visited Alison at work this morning and told her that he received a finger that belonged to Archer.

Talk about creepy.

And because of the finger news, we're all freaking out.

"This isn't happening" Hanna shook her head.

"Yes, it is" Alison told her.

"No, A.D. doesn't get to poison Caleb bankrupt Lucas's company, ruin my reputation and then expose us for murder all in one go. No" Hanna angrily said.

I furrowed my eyebrows when she mentioned Lucas's company getting bankrupted.

Why the hell would A.D do that to Lucas when he has done nothing?

"Hanna" Spencer sighed.

"What? Where are the rules for this stupid game anyways? Everytime we fail a turn, the cops get a piece of Archer? What's next, his knee caps or his ear lobes?" Hanna angrily asked.

"Or the video of you two digging up the grave. We already know that A.D. has that" Aria said, looking at Spencer and Hanna.

"Is this punishment for Charlotte? We didn't find her killer and now A.D's gonna help the cops find us?" I asked.

It's not our fault that A.D gave us a day to figure out who killed Charlotte.

The cops can't figure out that mystery, they never did, and that bitch expected us to figure it out.

If anything that's their fault for trusting we could do it. Not ours.

All of a sudden we hear chiming from the board game making us all turn towards it. 

We all looked at each other before getting up and walking towards it and when we were close we looked down at it.

Each character was placed back at the starting line except for Alison's.

"My turn. Mystery location. Great" Alison sighed.

Spencer tapped the phone that was on the center of the board game and it turned on.

A message appeared on the screen.

"Solve the puzzle, get away with murder" Spencer read off what it said.

The screen changes and another message shows up.

"Or fail and go directly to jail" Emily finished.

I sighed and rubbed my temple with my fingers while the others looked worried.