Chapter Seventeen: Of Late I Think Of Rosewood

5 Years Later
Henrik's Pov

It's been 5 years since everything has happened.

And can I just say that these past 5 years have been amazing. Absolutely amazing.

No threats. Not having to constantly look over my shoulder whenever I walk down the street. And I never flinch whenever my phone buzzes.

A is gone and it's a relief because I've finally gotten my freedom.

The girls and I have finally gotten our freedom.

College was hard, I'll tell you that, but I worked my ass off every hour of every day and not once did I slack off.

And it was worth it. 

Caleb and I graduated and we got our degrees.

Caleb managed to get a job faster than me. He got a job working at one of the biggest tech companies in New Orleans.

Funny story, actually.

He saw a guy about to get mugged and he took all of them down and called the cops, putting them behind bars.

Turns out, the guy Caleb had saved turned out to be the CEO of the tech company he works at.

Caleb showed his work to him and the CEO, now his boss, was impressed and immediately offered Caleb the job.

I swear I kissed Caleb passionately when he told me about it. I was so happy for him.

And, as for me, well...

I did it! I really did it!

It may have taken me 5 years, but I did it, I own my own gallery!

I worked my ass off to own my gallery. It was stressful, I won't lie, but in the end it was worth it.

I finally achieved my dream and I couldn't be any happier.

Now, onto the Mikaelson family...

After we graduated from college, we kept our promise that we made to the Mikaelson family.

We left Los Angeles and moved to New Orleans to live with them.

I have to admit, living with them in New Orleans, in their giant mansion, was a struggle.

Especially when Maya, the supposed dead girl who was really alive and now a vampire, lived there as well.

But, over these last 5 years, Caleb and I have gotten used to it.

And believe it or not...I've actually grown really close to the Mikaelson family, including the siblings.

I'm still not technically calling them my siblings, I still need more time for that.

But, we're all good friends and we're comfortable with each other.

Life for us was really good and we couldn't be any happier.

Well...everything was good...

Until it ended one day when I received a letter from a certain someone...

At The Mansion

I slowly got up from the bed and walked towards the drawers.

I picked up the letter that was resting on top of the drawer, letting my eyes scan every single word that was there.

There isn't much time, but I wanted you to see these words on a paper not a screen. I wanted to know you were touching something I touched, that we were connected. We've been through things no other friends have experienced. We understand each other better than anyone else in the world. But all that connects us to someone else. Someone I love. Someone who needs me.