Chapter Nineteen: The Gloves Are On

Henrik's Pov

Hanna, Spencer, Emily and I were all at the spa because apparently we all need a day to relax and let go.

Honestly, I agree, because so far everything has been stressful.

We were lying down together, wearing white robes while having cucumbers cover our eyes.

"I've never had a salt rub. Does it hurt?" Emily asked.

"Can't be worse than a sugar wax" Hanna said.

"Why didn't she meet us here?" Spencer asked, clearly referring to Aria.

"Spencer, let it go" I sternly said.

"Why lie? Why not just say, I snuck out to go meet Ezra?" Spencer asked.

"She's got a boyfriend in Cambridge" Emily argued.

"Oh, please, this is about so much more than that. If we had never told her about that security tape, she wouldn't-" Spencer started, only to get cut off.

"This is so not relaxing" Hanna groaned.

"Hanna, the police didn't ask us to stick around to exfoliate. There are gonna be questions" Spencer said.

"Aria doesn't know where Ezra went after she left him" I added.

"Yeah, but she knows that he was in a dark place" Spencer said.

"Just because you're depressed doesn't mean you pick up a weapon" Emily said, clearly annoyed.

"Ok, you guys, my mom gave us these passes as a gift. We're here to chill. Not spill" Hanna sternly said.

"I could be chilling at home with my boyfriend and our son" I scowled slightly.

"Hen, I know you love Elias and Caleb, but don't lie to yourself. You need a break from them sometimes" Hanna said.

I huffed in annoyance but didn't say anything.

I hate that she's right...

"It's just so twisted. She hasn't even spoken to Fitz in like five years, and now if he did this for her, they're gonna be bound together forever" Spencer said.

"Don't you dare say that. Aria and Ezra ended a long time ago and she's happy with Maverick" I sternly said.

The last thing I want is for whatever situation is going on between Aria and Ezra to get in the way of her relationship with Maverick.

I love her and Maverick together and I won't let Ezra get in the way of that.

"Not because of the tape. It's gone" Hanna spoke up.

As soon as she said that Spencer, Emily and I shot up from where we were lying.

We removed the cucumbers from our eyes and looked at Hanna, who was still lying down.

"What? You erased it? When?" Emily asked.

"Doesn't matter. It's done" Hanna shrugged.

Does she realize what she's done?

"What do you guys think this room was before they turned the nut house into a spa?" Hanna asked.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"The sauna smelled like burned hair" Hanna said.

The three of us looked at each other before we all stood up, getting ready to leave.

"Ok, that's it. I'm done chilling" Spencer declared.

We nodded as Hanna sat up, removing the cucumber from her eyes.