Chapter Thirteen: Shocking Revelations

Henrik's Pov

Sighing, I turned my head around as I stared out the window.

After leaving Rosewood we went to the airport to catch our flight since we obviously didn't want to miss it.

I called dad and he told me not to worry about my car, that he would take it back home.

After we said our goodbyes over the phone, I hung up and Caleb and I boarded our flight.

We're lucky that we bought our tickets on time, that way we could sit next to each other instead of sitting with strangers.

Right now, Caleb was asleep, he really was tired.

I was watching some movies, but I got bored after 20 minutes, so I just decided to stare out the window.

If you're wondering where Caleb and I are going, well, if you must know...

We're going to Los Angeles.

We both applied to colleges there where they have everything we're passionate about.

Caleb is going to be focused more on computers, hacking and all that good stuff.

While I'm going to be focused on my art work, wanting to perfect it more, wanting to take it to the next level.

I didn't just get into the college I applied to because of my good grades, but I also submitted some of my sketches and art work.

It was one of the requirements when I was doing the application.

And thank god that they loved it.

Sighing, I put my headphones back in and pressed play on a different movie.

I'll go back to distracting myself before we finally arrive.

In Los Angeles

We finally arrived.

After the plane landed Caleb and I gathered all of our belongings and left the airport.

And can I just say that Los Angeles is even more beautiful in person.

Caleb and I obviously wanted to explore the place before heading to our apartment that we rented.

Caleb's mom and her husband, Caleb and Carl's stepdad, are going to be paying for the rent of the apartment every year.

We tried to decline, feeling bad that they're going to be spending their money on this slightly expensive apartment, but they insisted.

Apparently, Caleb's mom still feels guilty for leaving her sons behind and not getting them sooner.

Although Caleb and Carl forgave her, she still feels guilty.

So, she's doing this as a way to make up for all the years they spent in foster care or alone on the streets.

And her husband is fond of not only Caleb and Carl, but Hanna and I.

So, despite our protests, they're still paying for our rent.

Anyway, after exploring the place for hours, we finally went to our apartment.

Once we got the keys we opened the door and walked inside.

I turned on the lights and the second I laid eyes on our new apartment, I gasped in delight.