Chapter Twenty-Eight: Bedlam

Henrik's Pov

Hanna is back.

It was totally unexpected.

We were all still at the Hasting's house when we heard a knock at the door. We opened the door, only to reveal Mary Drake along with Hanna who was wrapped up in a blanket.

Mary told us that she was driving late at night when she encountered Hanna. She saw the state she was in and picked her up.

We all hesitantly thanked her before the girls and I took Hanna upstairs so she could take a hot shower.

When that was done she changed into some nice comfortable clothes and sat down near the fireplace.

"Here, Hanna" Maverick placed a cup of coffee on the table.

Hanna nodded at him, as a way to say thank you, and grabbed the cup.

"Hanna, are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?" Carl asked.

"I'm sure" Hanna nodded.

"Hanna, I think you should" Aria frowned.

"The doctors are gonna ask questions. And then, I'll have to lie. No doctors, no questions" Hanna said in annoyance.

I sighed and nodded, I understand where she's coming from.

Spencer sighed and sat down in front of Hanna.

"Hanna, I'm sorry, but you have to tell us about Mary Drake picking you up" Spencer said.

"Is she real? I mean, is she really who she says she is?" Hanna asked.

"We think so" Emily nodded.

"Yeah, she was a patient at radley. We found her file" Spencer revealed.

"What?" Hanna asked, gasping in shock.

"She's Alison's aunt, Charlotte's biological mother. The Dilaurentis family adopted Charlotte" I explained.

Hanna frowned as she put two and two together before her eyes widened in realization.

"So it's her. Mary Drake, she's been after us all along. Someone killed her daughter and then she shows up to get even" Hanna said.

"Yeah, we're pretty sure she didn't show up just to get into the resort business" Caleb scoffed.

"She must have been chasing me when I got out. But why wouldn't she just run me over instead of bringing me here?" Hanna asked in confusion.

"Because we gave her exactly what she wanted" Maverick revealed.

Everyone, except Caleb and I, nodded.

"Charlotte's killer?" Hanna asked, furrowing her eyebrows together.

"We're convinced it's Alison" Carl spoke.

"We found evidence" Aria nodded.

I scoffed and shook my head as I crossed my arms over my chest.

There's no way Alison was the one that killed her own sister. I don't believe she would kill Charlotte.

She spent practically years trying to get Charlotte out of the hospital. She wanted a family. No way she would kill her.

"Spencer, can I have something stronger than coffee in here?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah" Spencer nodded.

She took the mug from her and walked into the kitchen to put in, whatever, as Carl walked over to Hanna.

"This belongs to you" he softly said.

He held out her engagement ring to her and Hanna frowned slightly at the sight of it.