Chapter Thirty-Eight: These Boots Were Made For Stalking

Henrik's Pov

The girls and I were huddled together as we stared down at the board game.

"Can it see us or not?" Aria asked in curiosity.

"Guess. It's punishing Hanna for attacking it with a steak knife" Alison told her in annoyance.

"This is ridiculous" Emily muttered in annoyance.

She grabbed the phone and turned it off before tossing it back to where it was.

"Emily. If this person knows we killed Rollins-" Hanna started but Emily cut her off.

"Why are you giving them that much power?" Emily asked in annoyance.

"Them is a vindictive blind girl" Alison deadpanned.

"This can't be just Jenna" I shook my head.

"Why not?" Alison asked.

"Because she's a vindictive blind girl. How can she create a board game when she can't even tell if her blouse is on inside out?" Hanna angrily asked.

"Well, it didn't stop anyone from selling her a firearm" Alison shot back.

"Ok, we are not playing this game" Emily shook her head as she walked away.

We all walked away from it but Hanna let out a sigh, shooting all of us a look.

"Too late" Hanna spoke while glaring at Spencer.

"I said that I was sorry" Spencer said, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Spence, you don't have to apologize. We get it" Aria softly told her.

"Get what? That letter was bait, Aria. Like some fat, juicy worm that was stuck on an electronic hook" Hanna angrily said.

"From Jenna, who had help" Alison added.

"Her help is dead. His head rolled over your feet, remember?" Hanna sarcastically asked.

Alison rolled her eyes and shook her head before looking away from her.

"Forget Noel Kahn. What about that Sydney What's-Her-Face?" Aria asked, turning to look at Emily.

"Oh, please. Let's not go there" Emily scoffed.

"Em, you've already been there" I reminded her.

"Jenna once tried to use her as a spy, did it-" Spencer started but was cut off.

"Ok, it's not about who started the game. It's how they are getting exactly what they want. We're all scrambling like mice, like we're still in high school" Emily said.

"You are" Hanna reminded her, gesturing to the sweater she's wearing.

"I park in the faculty lot now, Hanna. Ok. And I'm not gonna let Jenna or Sydney or any other sadistic freak who has watched 'Jumanji' too many times turn me into a tenth grade victim again" Emily angrily said.

"They have footage of us burying Rollins' body. If that gets out to the police-" Spencer started but was, once again, cut off.

"Then we tell the police what we left out when we thought Hanna was kidnapped. Alison was tortured by this freak. He deserved way worse" Emily angrily added.

"I agree with you, Emily, and it might not be first-degree murder but we still kind of broke a few laws" Spencer reminded her.

"Yeah, not enough to play this game. Ok. I'm done. I mean it" Emily said.

She shook her head and grabbed her bag before leaving the barn, causing us to sigh.

"Ok. She doesn't just get to walk out like that. I may have been the one driving the car but we have to be in this together" Hanna said.