Chapter Fifteen: A Talk With Two Sister In Laws

Henrik's Pov

Today was a very stressful day, I'll tell you that.

Learning that Maya has been alive all this time and faked her death was just mind blowing, it truly was.

I'm still in shock that Marcel Gerard, Rebekah's boyfriend, was the one that saved Maya that day.

Actually, no, scratch that...

I can't believe that he turned her into a vampire in order to save her.

But...then again, after hearing from Maya about what happened that night, I can't really blame Marcel for turning her.

She was barely hanging on and if he hadn't done what he did, she really would've died.

And while I am relieved she survived, I'm still angry at her for faking her death and letting us believe she died.

She let her family and, of course, Emily grieve and cry for her for months.

It took Emily a very long time just to finally say goodbye so she could rest in peace.

Emily...

God...this is definitely something I can't tell her, I just can't.

I hate lying to her, but Maya faked her death for a reason, and I know she doesn't plan on going back to Rosewood.

She can't really do that, given how long it's been.

God...I never thought the day would come where I'd rather be in Rosewood than here.

Right now, Caleb and I were in the guest room, it was late and we needed sleep.

We'd only be in New Orleans for a few days before heading back to Los Angeles.

After all, college is starting soon.

Caleb was fast asleep, today was way too stressful and tiring, the second he laid on the bed he was out like a light.

Me...not so much.

I'm having trouble sleeping.

It's just, after learning everything, it's been too much for me and my brain feels like it wants to explode.

I'm surprised it didn't explode after Maya told us the story the night Lyndon 'killed' her.

My stomach grumbled, causing me to groan and throw my head back.

I forgot that I hadn't had anything to eat today.

God...I'd go for anything at this point, I just want something to eat before going to bed.

I quietly got out of bed, making sure I wouldn't wake Caleb up, and slowly walked towards the door.

I opened it and closed it before sighing as I made my way downstairs.

I hope the others are sleeping.

I don't fancy on running into any of them but I also don't want them to wake up because of me.

After all, this is still their house.

I made my way into the kitchen but before I could head to the fridge, I stopped at the sight in front of me.

Davina and Hayley were sitting on kitchen stools, chatting about something.

Great. Just great.

Davina was the first one to notice me and a smile appeared on her face.

"Oh, Henrik, do you need something?" Davina asked.

Hayley turned around, her eyes furrowed in confusion, but a smile plastered on her face.