III. New Roommate

Gunvald's POV

I felt overjoyed being somewhere where I feel accepted. I didn't notice that a smile formed on my face, "You seem happy." I heard Enid point out which made me feel awkward so I changed expression, "I think that's everything about Nevermore." Enid said, "Thanks for showing me around." I thanked her, "There he is." she suddenly uttered and pointed at someone, opposite from where we are.

I looked at where she was pointing and I saw a guy painting on the wall, "That's Xavier Thorpe. He's your roommate." Enid told me, "I'll introduce you to each other." she pulled me and we walked across the middle of the quad.

"Hey Xavier!" Enid started calling, "Hey Xavier! XAVIER!" she called him a little bit louder but still no response from the guy.

We approached behind him and I think he still have no idea we were there since he was so focused on what he was doing, Enid tapped his shoulder which made him jolt which made me and Enid flinch as well.

"What the-" he was about to curse but he stopped when he saw it was Enid, "Oh hey, Enid. What's up?" his mood quickly changed, "I've been calling you." Enid told him, "Really? I didn't hear anything. So what's up?", "I wanted you to meet someone." she pulled me forward, I didn't know what to do so I just smiled very awkwardly.

"Xavier, I want you to meet Gunvald Osborn. Your new roommate." Enid said, "H-hi, I'm Gunvald Osborn. It's nice meeting you." I introduced myself and offered a handshake, "Roommate? Nice. I'm Xavier Thorpe. Nice meeting you too and I hope we get along." he accepted my handshake and offered a genuine smile.

"Hey Xavier, you won't believe when I tell you what Gunvald's species is." Enid excitedly told him, "Let me guess, he's a yeti." Xavier said which surprised Enid and me as well, "H-how did you know?" I asked still shocked, "Yeah, how did you know?" Enid asked too, "I'm a psychic. I got a vision of you a couple of days ago." then he pulled a folded piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to me, "Psychic? Cool!" I thought while opening the folded piece of paper and I was taken aback when I saw what was in the paper, it was a drawing of the exact moment we were in right now.

Everything was the same, the position of where we were all standing and even the clothes I was wearing.

Enid leaned in to check the drawing, "Woah! Wait a minute... If you already knew that this was going to happen, you should have known that I was calling for you earlier." Enid turned towards Xavier, "Were you ignoring me?" She followed looking at him with suspicious eyes and it looked like he really did was ignoring her since he wasn't able to hold eye contact with Enid, "That's not true. I didn't see you calling for me in my vision, I only saw you two and me talking." Xavier replied, "Is that so?" Enid said but still looking at him with suspicious eyes. 

I suddenly heard a song playing, I looked around to find the source of the sound, "Oh? That's mine." Enid reached inside her blazer pocket to get her phone, "Hi! Oh? Really? Okay. See you, meet you there." I heard her answer. 

She then looked at me and Xavier, "I need to go somewhere. See you around. Bye Gunvald. Bye X." she smiled and waved before walking away.  

I watched Enid while she was walking away up until I can't see her anymore, "She's cool, right?" I heard someone say, "Yeah..." I replied without any thought then I realized that I was still looking at the hallway where Enid went so I turned around and saw Xavier smile before returning to his painting. 

"U-uhm... I'll get back to our room." I told Xavier, "Okay, see you there. Nice meeting you again, Gunvald." he replied, "You too." I said before going back to the Monstera Hall.

I walked back to the Monstera Hall following the same path that me and Enid walked on, I even tried remembering every bit of history that she explained. 

I eventually arrived at the Monstera Hall after almost half an hour looking around because I got lost halfway through, I don't know why I didn't remember the right direction maybe because I was, most of the tour, focused on Enid rather than the tour itself. 

I went inside the room and started unpacking  the things I brought. Luckily, there was also a cabinet on my side of the room and I folded my clothes neatly inside the cabinet. 

While I was finishing up and checking my bag if I got everything, I felt something inside one of the pockets, it was circular. 

"Hmmm... What is this?" I took the object out and I was surprised to discover what it was, "Woah! It's dad's pocket watch." I remarked happily, "I really loved this watch." the thought made me smile.

I opened the cover of the watch and I saw our family picture glued on the underside of it, I suddenly felt my heart clenched and felt tearing up when I was remembering my parents, "I really miss you guys." I muttered holding the pocket watch close to my heart. 

I heard a knock on the door so I quickly wiped away the forming tears from my eyes and fixed myself up before opening the door, "Hey." Xavier said, "Hey." I replied, "Here's your uniform." he gave a paper bag, "Thanks." I put it inside my cabinet, "Did you already made yourself home?" he asked while moving to his bed, "Yeah..." I walked towards my bed and sat on the edge, "Where are you from?" Xavier asked while he was changing behind his cabinet door, "I was from the snowy mountains." I replied, he peeked out with a shock expression, "Really? You're not joking?" he asked, "Yep. I'm serious. Me and my dad love the cold.", "You'll really love here in December.", "Do you mind if I ask a question?", "Sure." Xavier walked towards his bed and laid down, "Uhm... While I was walking around Jericho, I heard that something happened here in Nevermore. What was it?" I asked and I saw Xavier's face turn into a serious look, "I... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I told him, "No-no, it's okay. I just remembered something. so where to start?" Xavier started telling me the story of what happened at Nevermore. 

- - - - - Xavier is essentially telling Gunvald the story of Season 1 of Wednesday - - - - - 

"There is a Wednesday Addams, a Hyde, then your teacher killed the former principal and revived a psychopath who really hate people like us by using Wednesday for a ritual with the body parts of the people which the Hyde killed then this Wednesday Addams defeated and killed this revived psychopath." I summarized, "Yeah. That's everything." Xavier nodded in agreement, "Woah! I didn't expect something like this happened, it's like a story in a book." I was still in awe of the story.

"So where is this Wednesday? I think it will be cool to meet her." I said, "That would be difficult. We don't know when she's coming back since she rarely contact us." he replied and I heard a faint hint of sadness in his voice, "O-okay." I nodded. "Now, it's my turn to ask, Gunvald." Xavier propped up in his bed and leaned on the headboard, "A-alright." I stuttered, I suddenly felt nervous. 

"You like Enid, don't you?" Xavier said with teasing smile.