LIV. Final Choice

Third Person's POV

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall." a girl with lifeless eyes, pale skin, and wearing a black attire emerged out of the black smoke, "I finally got to test the rocket launcher I got for my birthday. I'm curious about what will it do to something of your size?" the girl asked with a straight face and no expression. 

- - - - - 

Enid's POV

I don't remember what happened but when I came to, I was laying face down with indescribable pain enveloping my entire body. "Everything hurts..." I thought even moving my fingers felt like my body was on fire, "Is this how you go through every time you go on a fight, Gunvald?" I opened my eyes and saw Gunvald looking at me bawling, "It's okay... I chose this. It's my turn." I tried saying but my mouth won't even open.

I knew he was screaming and shouting but I couldn't hear a word or rather I couldn't hear or smell anything, I could only feel and all I feel was pain. Even breathing was hard but it started to be harder when I felt something huge and heavy crushing me, all I could do was scream in overwhelming pain. 

But then the pressure disappeared and all I could think of was 'I'm dead.'.

I accepted it since I don't regret what I did when suddenly I felt something held me and turned me over and at first I thought I was looking at death since all I was seeing was a blurry pale face and black hair. 

"I never thought death would look like Wednesday but it seems appropriate." I muttered under my breath, "It seems you're still alive since you're still able to talk." she said, "Death even sounds like her." I smiled as I closed my eyes, it was nice remembering Wednesday at my last moment. 

All of a sudden, I felt a smack on my face, "Ouch!" I exclaimed grabbing my cheek, "How can death be so cruel?!" I glanced at her and I almost jumped, almost... but since my whole body still felt on fire I just widened my eyes in surprise, "WEDNESDAY!" I leaned in for a hug ignoring the searing pain all over. 

"Okay... It's nice seeing you too." I heard her say but I didn't let go, "Where were you? Why weren't you answering my messages and texts?" I told her as I started crying, "Uhm... You know, it's not the right time for that? We still have that large piece of steak to worry about." she told me, I turned around and the minotaur was slowly getting back up to its feet. 

"Yeah, you're right." I wiped the tears off of my face, "But you see, I'm in so much pain that I could hardly move. I don't know if I could be of any help." I told her, "Here, drink this." she offered a vial of liquid, "What's this?" I removed the cork and put it near my nose, even though I couldn't smell anything since earlier but I smelled it, it was able to restore some of my senses, "My own brewed potion. It can help with some of your injuries and restore your movement but its effects are temporary. When it wears off, you will not be able to move for a while." she told me, "If I can make me move again, that's all I need." I drank it and the effects were almost immediate as I began to feel the pain slowly diminishing and I could move my body again. 

"Ready to go?" Wednesday asked, "Yeah!" I put my hand over the pendant tucked in my suit and transformed. 

The minotaur looked angrier than before, it was glaring at Enid with its one eye.  

It roared before charging, Enid did too. Enid has a new found vigor with her after intaking the potion Wednesday made, it did what it supposed to do. 

Enid dodged the first attack and countered with a slash to its leg while Wednesday let loose with her remaining ammo for her rocket launcher.