LVI. A Farewell

Author's Note:

This is a revised version. Hope you like it.                                    

                                             - King Anoni Mus

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Narration:

He reached the edge and immediately dove in the water, his eyes shone bright blue as ice started to freeze the water in the lake and around the bombs.

Then the bombs went off.

- - - - -

Gunvald's POV

As I dove in the water, all I could think of was her, I was doing this for her and everyone else.

I dug deep and released the ice powers without any direction or thought, my only goal was stop it from reaching them.

My body was hurting and my lungs were burning from the lack of oxygen but I could not stop, I have to, I need to.

I was screaming underwater as I expend every ounce of what I have when I saw a white light and deafening silence covered the darkness of the deep lake.

Third Person's POV

Gunvald did everything he could as his ice powers slowly froze the lake and its surroundings, the shockwave from the explosion cracked the ice but the ice managed to hold the blast and prevent it from affecting anyone

- - - - -

Enid walked out of the secret holding the pendant that Gunvald gave her in her hand, she met with Wednesday, Bianca and the others.

"What's Gunvald's plan?" Bianca asked and Enid looked at her with tears pooling in her eyes, "I'm sorry. I wish we could do something to help him." she hugged Enid as they felt the ground quake upon the explosion of the bombs.

"Gunvald!" Enid exclaimed, "Come on. We need to get to him." she told the others but they just looked at her in pity, "Why are you just looking at me? We need to help him!" she shouted at them, "I'm sorry Enid. I know you want him to be okay but nobody would survive that blast." Yoko put her hand on her shoulder, tears flowed down Enid's cheeks.

"H-He... He could have survived... He's a yeti and h-he has ice powers. He could do it... Right? Right?" Enid dropped to her knees and started bawling, "I'm sorry." Yoko comforted her.

"Maybe you're right, Enid. Come on." Wednesday told her, "Hey! It's not the time for your emotionless ideals." Divina said, "Don't give her hope." Yoko followed, "I know but isn't hope what we all have. I haven't known Gunvald long, we just literally met a few minutes ago but I could see why Enid fell for him and how much he love Enid too. I'm not the wishful thinker that Enid is but right now, I hope he's okay." Wednesday stated which made everyone speechless.

"Wednesday's right. Let's go and help Gunvald." Bianca joined in, "Let's go." the others chimed.

Wednesday helped Enid to her feet as the potion lost its effectivity, "Thank you Wednesday." Enid said in between sniffs, Wednesday patted her head in reply which made Enid smile.

The Nightshades entered the forest, looking for any signs of Gunvald when out of nowhere they all felt the sudden drop in temperature, "Come on." Bianca led the group while following the trail of coldness.

Bianca stopped as they came upon a frozen oasis in the middle of the forest, they were in awe to witness something mind-boggling; the trees, the ground and the lake were frozen solid.