XI. Zero to Hero

Gunvald's POV

"Hey Xav-" it was not Xavier, it was Enid. 

I was so surprised that I jolted up and almost jumped out of bed which resulted to electricity like pain traveling throughout my entire body, "Are you okay?" I heard Enid asked as she walked towards me, "Y-yeah. I'm good." I groaned as I slowly leaned on the headboard, "W-what are you doing here?" I asked confused since we haven't talked or even have a single interaction since that day, "I-I brought you some fruits." she held out the basket she was carrying, "Ah... Thanks." I took the basket and put it on the table beside the bed and there was silence. 

I don't know what to say and she was just looking around the place, not making any eye contact. "I... I wasn't able to apologize properly from last time. I'm sorry for scaring you and for hurting Ajax." I said and she looked at me, "There was nothing for you to be sorry for. You were just defending yourself. I should be the one who should be sorry. I should have told Principal Blake what really happened. I'm sorry, Gunvald." she replied, "It's okay. I understand why you did that, you were just looking out for your boyfriend." I told her, she didn't say anything. "You know, after what happened, I really thought that I will never be able to talk to you again." I told her, "Oh yeah, thanks for helping to find me." I added, "H-how did you know that?" she asked, "Xavier told me." I replied and there was an awkward silence again. 

"I'm sorry for what Ajax has been doing to you. He wasn't like that before." She had her head down as she told me, I didn't reply.

I sensed something she wasn't telling me, "Enid... Why are you really here?" I looked at her and she still had her head down when she wasn't saying anything, I set my eyes on the apples in the basket and I was about to take one when I heard her said, "I think Ajax has something to do with what happened last night.", "What?" I asked her trying to clarify if what I heard was right, "I-I'm not entirely sure. But I think he was a part of it." she told me, "Why are you telling me this? You know that I'm here because of what happened last night and now, you're telling me that your boyfriend may have played a role in it." I said and she looked down and started fidgeting with her fingers.

"I... I want to give Ajax the benefit of the doubt but last week, he seemed out of it. It was like he was afraid of something. If he was really involved, I think he's going after you next since you disrupted their plans." she warned me, "Afraid? How can the mighty 'Ajax' be afraid of something." I stated sarcastically, Enid just rolled her eyes. 

"Wait... 'Their plans'?" I suddenly realized, "Yeah. Most likely his two other friends were involved too."  she answered, "How well do you know his goons?" I asked, "Goons? You mean his friends? Not that well, I have only known them for about two months." she replied, "I see." I told her, "Thanks for the heads up, Enid." I smiled, "I..." she didn't finished her sentence before standing up and heading out, I was confused but I shouted, "Thanks for the fruits."

I picked up an apple from the basket and wiped it on my pants before taking a bite out of it, I was half way through my apple when I suddenly remembered what Rowena said, "There were three guys." I told myself, "It seems Enid was right but I need more proof." I finished the apple and laid down to get some more shut eye.

- - - - -

I woke up and I was not in pain anymore. I stretched to check if there was any pain, there were just some aching in my shoulder but over all I was fine. I jumped out of bed, stretched a bit more, and I looked outside and it was already afternoon.

Since I was practically okay, I started removing the bandages wrapped on my arms and body. Most of my wounds were completely healed so I wanted to leave but I realized that I have nothing to wear since my shirt was ripped into pieces from the fight. 

I looked around the infirmary searching for something I can wear when I noticed a duffel bag under the bed, I kneeled down to check and it was my clothes, "Thank you, Xavier." I muttered before changing. I was packing up and preparing to leave when the nurse entered, "What are you doing?" she asked, "I'm okay and all healed up." I replied then she walked towards me and started scanning my body.

"Okay, like you said you're all good." she permitted me to leave. I carried the duffel bag and the basket of fruits that Enid gave me and walked out of the infirmary. I passed by some students and I was surprised to hear them talk about me so nicely, I was so used to them calling me horrendous names and making fun of me.

Third Person's POV

It's been a week since the events of the Full Moon happened. Gunvald became an overnight superstar. The people who were stabbing him in the back previously are now sucking up to him. 

The opinions on Gunvald quickly shifted, he literally went from zero to hero. But Gunvald was not loving the attention, he preferred the way they treated him before since he was being left alone and he likes being by himself or with just a few people. Even lunch was a hassle now for Gunvald since everyone wanted to sit with him when just a few days ago, everybody wanted to take turns spilling food on him. 

While Gunvald was busy living the life of a hero, there were others who were scheming something dangerous, something sinister, something that will result to his downfall.

Gunvald's POV

After I was fully recovered, I decided to train again just like what I used to do with my dad. Back then, I was just doing it half-as*ed and not seriously since I think it wasn't important at the time and it is what my dad wanted but those trainings were what save me when I was fighting against the werewolves but my lack of training showed then, I was sloppy and slow.

If it wasn't for my natural instincts I would have died over and over again. When I got the chance, I always headed to my cave and trained there. 

Doing some strength training with the huge boulders and trees around the area, speed and agility training by running laps for hours, fight and 'yeti arts' training by shadow boxing and punching and kicking trees to get back the feeling and all the muscle memories I used to have, and most importantly, mental training by meditation.

I was also busy learning how to transform since I wouldn't be able to hold my own against species like werewolves if I don't transform but I couldn't find any way other than getting angry so I thought of embracing that idea, I would think of something that makes me angry, some kind of trigger and the only thing I can think of that pisses me off more than anything is Ajax. Just thinking about his face makes me want to rip it off.

I trained continuously and slowly I got used to it, my body slowly started remembering all the training it received from dad.

I was on my way back to the Monstera Hall after finishing my training for the day when I decided to take a different route, I took the longer path that leads me around Nevermore before reaching Monstera Hall.

I was by the academy's gym when I heard noises inside, I got curious so I walked to the door and peeked and I saw somebody training, the movements were fluid and efficient, no wasted movement. I was so in awe that I leaned on the door which resulted to it opening completely and I fell on the ground, "Shoot! I looked like a creep again." I cursed myself as I stand up and i saw the person stopped and looked at me, when I got a better look, I saw that it was Enid. 

"Gunvald?" Enid said sounding confused, "Before you say anything, I wasn't creeping around. I'm sorry." I said immediately, I was waiting for her to react but there was nothing, "It's okay." she just said and returned to hitting the dummy again, I was confused at first but I slowly turned around and was about to close the door behind me when in between the punches and kicks, I heard sniffing. 

"Is she crying? Was it because of me?" I asked myself, "Should I? I should if it was my fault." I was fighting with myself trying to think of what should I do, "Here's go nothing." I told myself before going inside again, "Uh... Are you okay?" I asked awkwardly, I saw her turn around and wiped her face. 

"O-of course. Why shouldn't I?" she smiled but I can see that her nose was extremely red and her eyes were puffy like she's been crying for a long time. "Uhm... I heard you sniffing. Is it because I barged in your training? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." I told her, I heard her chuckle, "No. It's not you. I just... Me and Ajax broke up." she told me and I can see her wanting to cry again.