XVII. Nightshades

Author's Note:

This is King AnoniMus. I just wanted to say thank you to all the readers of "Expect the Unexpected" because w just reached 1K reads. I appreciate you all and I hope you all stay until the conclusion of this book. Again, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you. I appreciate you all. 

Gunvald's POV

"Suit yourself. I warned you. Next time you'll be seeing me, I will not be so lenient like now." he told her then I started hearing footsteps walking away and another sets of footsteps walking towards my direction.

- - - - - 

"I know you heard everything, Gunvald." I heard her say, "Your hearing is really impeccable." I revealed myself from where I was hiding, "Eavesdropping is bad, you know." she walked past me and I followed her out of the forest, "You believe him?" I asked her but she didn't reply, "He just declared war against Nevermore, didn't he?" I followed, "You should come with me." I added and she looked at me, "We need to tell someone about what we found out." I continued, "Okay." she replied so I pulled her and ran towards the main building.

"Why are we here?" she asked while we were standing in front of Principal Blake's office, "We should tell the principal, don't you think so?" I replied before knocking, "Come in." I heard and we entered, "Good afternoon, Principal Blake." I greeted, "Mr. Osborn, Ms. Sinclair, Good afternoon as well. May I know why you bless me with your presence? I also heard that you visited the infirmary again." she responded, "Uhm... Many things happened but we found something out. APEX is the name of the group and Ajax Petropolus is a part of it and most likely his two goons as well." I told her, she gestured me to continue, "We were wrong about APEX hunting us, they were recruiting different species. Because their mission is the annihilation of the normies." I continued, "This... This is a bit troublesome. If Mr. Petropolus is part of them, APEX you say. We will need to put the entire academy in lockdown since he knows Nevermore inside and out and it will surely cause panic and chaos." she replied, "That's true but we still need to do something to safe guard this place. I think Ajax will come back with an army." I said, "Ms. Sinclair, I will task you and the Nightshades for guard duty. We must not let any students get kidnapped by this group." Principal Blake instructed.

"Nightshades? What's that?" I asked Enid, "It was a social elite club composed of the rich and famous but after last year's incident, it became the elite secret fighting team of Nevermore." Enid explained, "Woah, that's awesome. Can I join?" I asked, "If it was only me, I'll let you join without second thought since I already know what you're capable but I can't just let you in. You'll need to be accepted by majority of the team. Be in the quad tomorrow at 9 pm. I'll set up your meeting with the group." she told me.

"It seems everything is sorted out." Principal Blake stated, "Principal Blake, I have one last question. Do you know werewolves that can transform without the full moon?" I asked, "That is highly unlikely." she answered, "Yeah, I also thought that but last night, I fought two werewolves on a quarter moon." I responded, "Hmm... There is only one way that is possible, artifacts. They may be in possession of moon fragments." she announced, "What? That can't be. Moon fragments are real?!" Enid exclaimed, "Moon fragments?" I asked Enid, "As the name states, they are fragments of the moon. It was said to possess the power of the moon and for werewolves, it is a treasure since in theory it allows werewolves to transform without the full moon but I didn't know it was real." she explained.

"Let me get this straight so if they have werewolves in their group and they can practically choose a time where there's no full moon, we'll not be able to fight back. It will be a fight between werewolves and above average students. It will be a slaughter." I told them, "We're in a tight spot." I added, "We really are. Let me think of countermeasures and I will brief everybody when the time comes." Principal Blake announced.