XVIII. Payback

Gunvald's POV

"It might get infected. I think I have a first aid kit back in my room." she told him, "Okay. I'll wait for you here." I replied, "Come with me. It's more likely to get infected if you stay here." Enid firmly said.

"Alright." I replied, "Hey guys. I'll patch up Gunvald's back." Enid told the other Nightshades, who were holding the guy against the tree. "Go ahead. We'll deal with Kent." Xavier told us, I just looked at this Kent guy and he seemed apologetic and that he didn't mean to do it. I may be also at fault because of what I did but it was still a dic* move to do. 

The cold air which normally I love was causing the wound to sting more, "Sorry about what Kent did. He's actually kind of nice, I don't know why he did that." Enid said, "Maybe because I embarrassed him in front of his friends." I replied, "You were about to transform earlier, what were you about to do?" she asked, "I... Uh... I was thinking of actually ripping his head off." I told her and she turned around with a shock expression.

"I know. I know. It's bad. Whenever I lose control my beastly instinct kicks in." I replied, "Good thing, I managed to snap you out of it." she replied, "Yeah... I'm still working on my transformation, I can't transform at will yet. I still need a trigger to transform." I stated, "Yeah. I had the same problem when I first wolf out." Enid shared, "Really? You? I don't believe it. You seem to be good at everything you do." I said, "I was what you call a late bloomer so when I first wolfed out it was so sudden that I didn't know how to do it again but I just trained and trained and I was able to control it properly." she responded, "I have so many ways to go before I can transform at will. I haven't even reached the final stage of the transformation.' I said, "You'll get there eventually. Trust yourself." Enid advised which made me feel better. 

We reached their building, "Top floor, right?" I said, "How did you know?" she looked at me and I realized that I never told her that I went to her room that night, "I... Uh... Remember when you were taken by Ajax, I went to this building but I didn't know where your room was at so I used my sense of smell by following the scent of your favorite perfume and I managed to pinpoint the room with the strongest concentration of the perfume's smell." I told her, "But I didn't snoop around or do anything creepy or weird. When I saw your phone on the ground I quickly left to find you." I added, "Don't worry, I'm not mad." she told with a smile. 

We went up to the Ophelia Hall, her room. When I came in, I immediately noticed the large window which was tinted with color on one-half of it and colorless in the other, not only the window was divided even the whole room, one was full of life while the other was dark and lifeless.

"You're the only one here?" I asked, "Yeah, at the moment. I have a roommate, Wednesday but Wednesday is still kinda in house arrest and I don't have any idea when she's coming back." she replied as she went through drawers and cabinets, "Need help?" I offered, "I got this. Make yourself home." she replied, I looked around the place trying to find somewhere to sit, I didn't want to go to Enid's bed or the other bed so I decided to sit on the floor. 

Pain was coursing through my back as I sat down, "Hey! Why are you sitting there?" I heard Enid asked, "Come here." she pointed at her bed, "Uhm... Okay." I stood up and the pain course through my body again, I sat down on her bed and waited for her, I saw different posters of movies all featuring werewolves which made me smile. 

"Found it." I heard her say, "Take your shirt off." she told me which I obliged, she went behind me and started cleaning the wound, "This might sting a little." she told me and it really did sting, "Gunvald?" she asked, "Hmm?" I hummed, "I haven't thanked you properly for saving me right?" she asked, "It's okay. It's no big deal." I told her, "You have been doing so much for me and I want to do something for you. What do you want?" she stated, "You don't have to. I did it because I wanted to." I replied and I didn't hear any reply, just poking in my back.