XLV. To Gunvald or Not To Gunvald

Enid's POV

"I... I... I did that?" he asked me, I nodded, "B-but you had to or it would have been you." I tried comforting him but he just stared at the body, took a deep breath in before looking away and his face was now expressionless, "Are you okay?" I asked him, "We still have work to do." he replied, "Are you sure you're okay? We could regroup with the others before going back into the fight." I told him, "Don't worry. I'm completely okay. Just like you said, it's me or them." he replied and I immediately thought in the back of my head, "Something's wrong."

- - - - -

Third Person's POV

When Gunvald let out a roar of victory, all the werewolves in the battlefield felt the sudden change in the air, they all felt their leader succumbed in the fierce battle against the Gunvald. 

The Nevermore students and faculties grabbed this opportunity and did their best to overwhelm and corner the werewolves. 

Gunvald and Enid exited the forest. Gunvald was scanning the battlefield, it seems like he was looking for something, "Let's go and check on Principal Blake. We must let them know that the enemy's leader is gone." Enid told him, "You do that. I still have something I need to do." Gunvald replied, "What are you going to do?" Enid looked at him with furrowed brows, "I need to kill them all." Gunvald replied with a sinister grin plastered in his face, Enid was taken a back hearing Gunvald say that with a straight face and a smile. 

"W-what did you just say?" Enid asked trying to make sure what she hear was right, "Nothing. Just go, I'll meet you there when I'm finished." he replied, Enid didn't want to leave because there was a lingering thought in the back of her head telling her, something bad will go down if she left him alone but she wanted to believe that Gunvald will not cross a line that shouldn't be crossed and it was because she wholeheartedly trust him.

"Alright. Be careful. I love you." Enid said, Gunvald looked at her and just smiled. The bad vibes that Enid was feeling since earlier worsen when Gunvald didn't reply and just smiled at her but still she trusts him so she ignored the signals and went towards the other Nightshades.  

"She finally left." Gunvald sighed in frustration and he immediately ran towards the battlefield and went straight towards the area where there were the most werewolves. 

One of the Nevermore students saw him running towards their direction, "Gunvald... We got this, help the others." he said but Gunvald didn't give him any attention as he leaped and transformed to his final yeti form and started attacking the werewolves. 

Gunvald attacked them relentlessly and the Nevermore students surrounding them were surprised at what Gunvald was doing, "Hey! Stop! They already surrendered." one of the Nevermore faculties shouted but Gunvald was still punching and kicking the werewolves, even the ones , who returned to their human form, no one was safe from Gunvald onslaught. 

"Hey stop!" one of the students approached and put his hand on Gunvald's back which was a huge mistake as Gunvald turned around and roared right at the student's face and the sheer intensity and loudness made him fell flat on his bottom. 

Enid's POV

I went straight to the quad and I saw the others standing around one of the hospital beds on top of it was the unconscious and bandage wrapped Principal Blake, "How is she?" I asked, "She'll be okay. She lost a lot of blood but she's stable." Yoko replied, "Thank God." I breathed out a sigh of relief, "If you're here, it means that Gunvald won." Xavier stated, "Y-yeah." I nodded.

"But it seems something more happened. Spill." Xavier told me, "I-it's nothing." I said but no one seemed to believe me, "There's no point in hiding it to us. Just tell us what happened." Bianca insisted, "A-alright... I... I think something's going on with Gunvald." I said, "Like?" Divina asked, "He... He killed the leader." I answered, "This is a fight for our lives. We can't really blame him if he killed him." Bianca replied, "I know... I know... But the way he did it was horrifying.", "What do you mean?", "He beat him up to a pulp and when the leader was begging for his life he just looked at him and crushed his head without batting an eye." I told them and their reaction were the same as mine when I saw it happened. 

Third Person's POV

It was quiet and everyone was just looking at each other, not wanting to say anything, "If no one's gonna say it then I will, do you think it has something to do with Gunvald coming back from the dead?" Kent broke the silence, "You don't mean what came back is not really the Gunvald we know?" Xavier followed, "That can't be. It's really him, I know it." Enid said, "But... We still need to accept the possibility that something may have happened to him." Bianca replied.

"So what should we do?" Yoko chimed in, "If Gunvald is not really Gunvald, we're toast." Divina said, "Yeah, Divina is right. We're no much for him even if we joined together with the other students." Xavier agreed, "When the time comes, we'll think of something. Plus, we're still not a hundred percent sure if Gunvald really turned to the dark side." Bianca stated but out of nowhere her walkie-talkie buzzed into life, "Bianca?! Bianca?! Are you there?", "I'm here. What's the matter?", " We have a huge problem.", "Are the werewolves getting the upper hand but Gunvald already dealt with their leader.", "It's not that. It is much worse. It's Gunvald, he's attacking both foe and friend and we can't do anything to stop him." the person on the other line said and everyone looked at each other in worry.

"Our worst nightmare just came true so... What are we gonna do now?" Xavier said, "We'll need to apprehend him." Kent suggested, "Apprehend?! Gunvald? Do you remember the time we all fought him, we got destroyed and it was only in his partial yeti form. Now, he's probably in his full yeti form and there's a high possibility he's not himself, he'll probably kill us if we fight him." Xavier rebutted, "So what should we do? Sit on our thumbs and let him kill all of our friends?" Kent inched closer to Xavier, "Stop it, you two. We have no time to fight among ourselves. We need to come up with something and fast." Bianca announced.

"I'll go." Enid declared, all heads turned to her, "And what will you do?" Yoko asked, "I... I'll talk to him." Enid replied, "That's a bad idea. We're not sure if Gunvald is still in the steering wheel. He might not recognize you." Bianca told her, "I know but out of all of us, I have the highest chance of getting through him. He'll listen to me, I know it." Enid said determined, "Okay but we'll go with you." Bianca replied, "It's okay, I can handle this." Enid insisted, "We go or nobody goes." Bianca stated firmly, "Okay..." Enid agreed reluctantly. 

All of the members of the Nightshades departed towards where Gunvald was running amok, Enid gasped seeing both the Nevermore students and the enemies lying on the ground wounded and injured. Gunvald was standing in the middle, his huge figure giving off an intense and fierce aura, and he was holding one of the Nevermore faculties by his neck, "STOP! ET HIM GO!" Enid shouted loudly which got Gunvald's attention as he dropped him to the ground and stared at Enid. 

"I think it's working." Xavier whispered to Yoko as they stand behind Enid waiting for a reaction from Gunvald, "Shut up. You might jinxed it." Yoko elbowed him, "Jinx? You believe in that nonsense." Xavier scoffed and as soon as he said that, Gunvald immediately sprinted towards their direction.

"Oh sh*t!" Xavier exclaimed as the other members started moving out of the way but Enid stood firm and just looked at the huge beast barreling towards her, Gunvald roared as he jumped off the ground and landed in front of Enid, the impact generated a cloud of dust and smoke around them. 

Gunvald was looming over Enid but there was no speck of fear in Enid's eyes, "Hey babe." she greeted with a bright smile, Gunvald just grunted, "You need to stop this. You're hurting our friends." Enid followed, "Come back to me babe." Enid raised her hand, Gunvald flinched and roared before dropping to his knees and slowly returning back to his human form, Enid hugged him and rested her head on top of his. 

Yoko turned towards Xavier and glared at him, "Enid's plan worked." Xavier muttered and smiled as they started helping the wounded Nevermore students and faculties. 

"Enid... W-what did I do?" Gunvald's voice wavered as he saw the aftermath of what he do.

Author's Note:

Hello! King Anoni Mus here.  

I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.