XV. Stone in a Lake

Gunvald's POV

At that moment, I didn't need any trigger, seeing Enid like that pushed me to the edge instantly. 

Third Person's POV

Gunvald started transforming and his eyes were set at the two figures, "LET HER GO!" he growled, he lunged towards them. All of his training instantly made an impact because all the two guys saw was a streak of white coming towards them in incredible speed, Gunvald threw a punch at the stomach of one of the two guys and he wasn't able to react, the impact was so strong that it made him fly backwards towards a tree. 

The other guy was shocked to see Gunvald already at his side, he was about to attack but Gunvald was faster and he kicked him on his chest while grabbing Enid in mid air, as the guy was blown backwards.

Gunvald checked on Enid, "Hey... Enid..." he said as not beastly as he can, Enid began moving and when she opened her eyes she saw a partially transformed Gunvald looking at her with a toothy grin, "AHHHHH!" she screamed in shock and was pulling away from Gunvald's hold, "Hey-hey. It's me." Gunvald told her, "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Gunvald added as he backed away, "Gunvald? I was just surprised. I'm not scared of you anymore." she told him as she slowly stood up, "What happened?" Gunvald asked, "He's back." she stated, "Who's back?" Gunvald asked,  "Ajax. Ajax's here." Enid told him, "Huh? I didn't see him around. Just the two guys." Gunvald replied and on cue, the two guys emerged from the dark, completely okay. 

"Get behind me." Gunvald told Enid, "I can fight." Enid insisted, "Yeah?" Gunvald asked and she nodded,  "Here. Take this." Gunvald gave her a branch to use as a weapon, "Thanks, I guess. It's better than nothing." Enid replied as she clenched the branch with two hands.

"I'll take the one on the right and you take the one on the left. Be careful. We have a chance since it's not a full moon and they can't turn." Gunvald said, "We can't turn? Who said that?" one of the guys said and both of them started transforming, Gunvald was in complete disbelief, "How? How can they turn?" Enid was in shock to see werewolves transforming without a full moon. 

"Enid, change of plans. Run." Gunvald looked at her, "No, I can't leave you here. There's two of them." Enid argued, "Enid, just run. I'll handle this. Call for help as soon as possible." Gunvald said with conviction, "Alright. Just promise me one thing... Don't die." Enid told him and Gunvald smiled before facing against the two werewolves. 

Gunvald's training and hard work paid off as he was able to trade blows with two werewolves without sustaining much damage. He was using the environment very well, unlike the first time he fought them. 

But he slowly got overwhelmed because of their numbers since he was fighting two well experienced werewolves and he was having hard time drawing more strength and prolonging his transformation since he was still in the learning phase of his transformation and still couldn't bring out the full potential. 

Gunvald was knocked down by a strike from one of the werewolves. Then one of the werewolves held him from behind as the other continued delivering consecutive blows to his face and body.

Blood was dripping down from Gunvald's mouth and bruises were all over his body. "You bit off more than you can chew." one of the werewolves said, "Poor Gunvald." another voice joined the fray, "Ajax." Gunvald recognized the voice, "We had a score to settle with you. You shouldn't have got in our way." Ajax menacingly stated, "More importantly, you should have stayed away from Enid." he yanked Gunvald's hair so that they can see each other eye to eye. 

"Let him go." Ajax said so the one werewolf let go and Gunvald drop to his knees.

Gunvald immediately thougght of attacking, this was a perfect chance for him so with the remaining strength he have, he lunged at Ajax but Ajax anticipated this. 

He turned around and removed his bonnet, as snakes slithered and activated their power. Gunvald was staring at him eye to eye and he slowly turned to stone with his hand reaching forward. It took a couple of seconds before Gunvald completely turned to stone.

"What should we do with him?" one of the werewolves asked, "Throw him to the lake. Now, he won't be able to interfere with our plans." Ajax ordered and the two werewolves carried Gunvald to the lake inside the forest and drop him down there. 

Gunvald knew what they were doing he could feel it but he couldn't do anything about it as he submerged in the water and the last thing he saw was the moonlight shining through the surface of the water.    

- - - - - 

Xavier's POV

I was at my cabin, finishing some painting when out of nowhere, a vision came to me. I saw Gunvald fighting against werewolves and I saw Ajax then I saw him being thrown into the lake.

When I came back to, I was on the floor sweating, "Gunvald's in trouble!" I immediately ran out of the cabin and headed to the lake while on my way there, I saw Enid coming out of the forest, really frantic and disheveled.

"Enid! Enid!" I called out and she saw me, "Xavier! We need to help Gunvald. He's fighting against two werewolves." Enid told me her voice was shaking, "We need to go to the lake right now." I pulled her towards the forest, "Why there?" she asked, "I had a vision. I saw Ajax stoning Gunvald and they threw him into the lake." I told her, "No, that can't be." she replied, "Let's just hurry. I don't think Gunvald will last a few more minutes." we ran continuously until we reached the lake, I immediately jumped into the water and I swam down trying to find Gunvald, the only light source was the moonlight peeking through the surface of the water and still it was hard to see anything.

When I wasn't able to see him and my air was running out, I decided to resurface but that's when I saw a hand. I went up for air, "I... saw... him." I was gasping for air, "I may need your help. He's still stoned, I won't be able to carry him alone." I told her and without thinking she jumped into the water and dove down, I took a huge breath and followed her. We managed to reach Gunvald and we started pulling him up, he weighed a ton but we still got him up and it was an excruciating few minutes but we were able to get him out, we dragged him to land. 

Gunvald's POV

I couldn't move and I was definitely scared. The last thing I saw was the moonlight seeping through the water but after that it was pitch black. I could only feel the coldness of the water, "This is it." I kept telling myself, "I just wished I could see mom and dad again." I told myself as I accept my fate but I suddenly felt movement in the water then I felt being lifted up. 

"Thank God, we made it in time." it was muffled but it sounded like Xavier, "I couldn't believe Ajax is capable of doing this." I knew it was Enid's voice, "What happened?" Xavier asked, "Ajax suddenly came to me and took me along with his two goons." Enid told him, "How long am I gonna stay like this?" I asked myself but in some way, I was thankful since being stoned, I couldn't feel the pain from being beat up. 

I don't know how long it took but I was finally able to moved again as soon as the effects dissipated, I dropped to my knees and I could suddenly feel everything. "Gunvald! Are you okay?" Enid went to my side and held my arm, "Yeah... Thanks for saving me. I really thought I was a goner." I looked at her, I heard coughing noises, "I'm also here, you know." Xavier stated, "Thanks man." I replied, "How did you know what happened to me?" I asked, "I got a vision. It was the first time it happened when I'm not sleeping and most of the time, my visions don't happen for days or even weeks but this one was happening at the same time I got the vision." he told me, "Thanks to that vision, I'm still alive and breathing." I said to Xavier, "We need to go to the infirmary. You're bleeding all over." Enid said as she helped me stand up, she put my arm over her shoulder and helped me walk.

"Hey, Enid?" I asked, "Hmm?" she hummed a reply, "Are you alright?" I asked, "Why are you asking me that, you're the one who got beat up?" she replied, "I may be hurt physically but I know you are hurting even more." I told her and she didn't say anything and we continued walking to the infirmary.