XLI. It All Comes Full Circle

Third Person's POV

"Bjorn Osborn, Lisa Callaway, and Emeline Linnea Blake, I have been searching for you for a long time. You massacred my whole family so I will do the same. You and the kid are the only ones left." he declared as he approached Principal Blake. 

- - - - - 

"Bjorn Osborn and Lisa Callaway had already met their maker and it seems you are nearing your demise as well." the leader was strolling leisurely towards Principal Blake, not minding the battle happening, "Y-you... You were there. That day when we were attacked by a pack of werewolves." Principal Blake muttered, trying her best to get on her feet, "We didn't attacked you!" he exclaimed, "Don't shift the narrative and make us the villains. We were defending our territory and you were the ones who trespassed." he growled, "I was just nothing but a teen when it happened, I couldn't do anything and I was just hiding in a bush as I watched Bjorn Osborn, tear my family apart, one by one, limb by limb." the leader stood face to face with her.

"Now, I will do the same. I will kill all of your students one by one and I will let you hear their screams of pain and agony as I make you watch as I slowly tear their limbs apart." he said sinisterly said.

"But before all that, I was wondering why is a certain someone not here. He's the strongest one out all of you but he's not joining the fight. Is he hiding or afraid? I doubt that, he was the one who disrupted our plan multiples time. This could only mean two things, he's injured or he's already dead." the leader deducted, "I was tasked to bring him alive but beggars can't be choosers." he turned back to his army, "Go find him and bring me back his body." he ordered and immediately some of the werewolves stopped engaging and veered of towards the buildings. 

Bianca saw the werewolves split up, "Get them!" she instructed as the students ran after the werewolves, "The quad. I need to get to the quad." Xavier realized so he immediately headed towards the quad, shooting arrows at werewolves on his way there.

The leader turned his attention back to Principal Blake, "Where were we?" he asked, "Oh, right! Killing your students." he grinned before turning around and choosing a target. 

He pinpointed an unsuspecting student, he kicked off a lot of dust as he sprinted towards a student who was busy fight a werewolf, "No!" Principal Blake exclaimed as the leader transformed and he was about to reach the student but out of nowhere, a large vine swatted him away towards the forest. 

There was a green hue emanating from the outstretched hand of Principal Blake, she was able to control one of the vines and protected the student from certain death. 

Bianca noticed Principal Blake's weakened state, she went to her and helped her stand up. "You can't fight any longer, ma'am. You need to rest. You already did so much, we can handle this." she told her. 

There was blood trickling down the corners of Principal Blake's mouth, "No. This is my fight as well. I will see this to the end. They're looking for Gunvald. Make sure that they don't get to him." Principal Blake wiped off the blood and replied. She conjured a staff made out of roots from the ground and made her way towards the forest. 

"They're going for Gunvald. Do not let them at all cost." Bianca looked at the back of Principal Blake as she slowly walked away before announcing to her walkie-talkie.

On the other side of the battlefield, Enid, who was busy reducing he enemies' number further, heard what Bianca said.

She instantly raced towards the infirmary, slipping under and over, and avoiding her opponents so that she could get to Gunvald faster. 

Enid was on all fours and she was moving at incredible speeds when she noticed one of the werewolves making its way to the building so she tackled it to ground and started slashing relentlessly until it stopped moving. 

Enid stood up and went inside, when she was about to head to the infirmary, her walkie- talkie buzzed. "We need reinforcements in the quad! They won't have any way of fending them off." Xavier declared, Enid stopped and ponder what to do: go to Gunvald or protect the people but she already knew what she needed to do, she went to the quad. 

Xavier's POV

I was extremely worried of the people in the quad but when I arrived, I was surprised and confused of seeing four unconscious lying on the ground. 

I saw the old guy that was with Enid and Gunvald, pummeling another werewolf with a steel chair. "Are you guys okay?" I asked Caetlan, who was protecting some of the injured, "Y-yeah. That guy fought them off. He was so fast and strong for an old guy." he pointed at Mr. Bjornson.

"Stay down just like the good dog you are." Mr. Bjornson muttered, "S-sir?" I approached him carefully, "You want a piece of me?!" he exclaimed, holding the steel chair over his head ready to strike, "I'm on your side." I replied, "Oh sorry about that lad." he lowered the steel chair, "Thank you for protecting my classmates." I told him, "No worries lad. It is my job to protect the young guns." he replied, "Caetlan, lead them to the secret lair with the others." I told Caetlan and he agreed. 

Then I saw another werewolf arrived, I immediately aimed at it and Mr. Bjornson was already running towards it but I recognized the suit the werewolf was wearing, "Sir! Wait! She's on our side." I ran after him and Enid reverted back to her human form.

"What's the situation?" she asked, "Thanks to Mr. Bjornson, no casualties." I replied, Mr. Bjornson, how are you?" Enid asked, "All good, lass." he replied,   "Good. I need to go to Gunvald." Enid said, "Oh lass, how is Gunvald?" Mr. Bjornson asked and I saw Enid flinch, "H-he... He's still unconscious and I need to get to him before they can." she lied and I understand why she did that, "That's good to know, I thought we were to late to save him. Go and get to him, lass. I'll handle the werewolves here." Mr. Bjornson declared with a smile. 

I patted her on her shoulder, "We got this here." I told her but the werewolves started popping out from everywhere. Within seconds, me, Enid, and Mr. Bjornson were completely surrounded. 

Third Person's POV  

The war continued to break out in the grounds, the APEX army were tasked to continue and retrieve Gunvald dead or alive. The werewolves spread out the area while the Nevermore students tried fighting back and preventing them from getting to Gunvald.

But one of the werewolves managed to get inside of the buildings as he scoured, passing through every hall way and looking inside every room, he noticed a significant difference in one of the corridors, there was an extreme drop in temperature.

He noticed that frost was covering the entire hall way and his breathing was fogging up. He checked the only room there and the door was seemingly frozen shut, he slammed it with his shoulder and opened it, just to be greeted by frost-covered room and Gunvald lying on the bed. 

He returned to his human form as he checked him out, "I found him." he reported, "He's in the infir-" he was cut off when he saw someone facing the window and standing with his back to him. He got surprised and immediately transformed back to his werewolf form, he grabbed him by the shoulder and growled.

Enid's POV

We were surrounded and we got no way to escape, "I count twelve." I scanned the place and whispered, "We'll need to take four each." Xavier replied, "Just four? I could take all of them." Mr. Bjornson said confidently, "On the count of three, we attack." I told them, "Alright lass." Mr. Bjornson said, "Okay. We're doing this." Xavier replied, "One... Two... Thr-..." when suddenly I heard a loud shattering sound as glass and wood debris began falling around us followed by a body of a werewolf, I got confused, not knowing what just happened so I looked up and saw that it came from the infirmary, "No... No..." I muttered under my breath. 

I wanted to rush past the werewolves surrounding us and head towards the infirmary when I saw a figure looming at the broken window, he jumped out and landed right in front of me. 

My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I saw who it was, tears instantly streamed down my cheeks, and I fell down to my knees, "Gunvald?"I managed to say.