XLVI. Inner Demon

Third Person's POV

"Enid... W-what did I do?" Gunvald's voice wavered as he saw the aftermath of what he did.

- - - - - 

Gunvald stared in horror, seeing what he did. "I... It's not you... You were not yourself." Enid tried pulling his eyes away but Gunvald was not having any of it, he stood up and slowly walked over the injured people. 

"What did I do?" he said to himself, "You don't have to worry about them, they are nothing." he heard someone say but when he turned around there was no one there, he shrugged it off as of him hearing things.  

"I-I'm sorry." Gunvald reached out his hand, trying to help, "GO AWAY!" the girl shouted at him, she even threw a handful of dirt at his face, a look of absolute fear met him. 

Gunvald walked away as he cleaned the dirt from his face, "T-they're just shocked." Enid ran after him, "Don't listen to her, she doesn't know who you really are." Gunvald heard the voice again, "Yeah... She doesn't." Gunvald replied to the voice.

"I was..." Gunvald whispered as he turned towards Enid, "What?" Enid asked, "I was myself... I WAS MYSELF!" Gunvald exclaimed,  "You said that I wasn't myself when I did all this." Gunvald gestured to the piles of body around him, "I... I knew what was happening, I knew what I was doing but I didn't stop. Because deep inside, this is who I am. I am a monster. I AM A GODDAMN MONSTER!" Gunvald declared. 

"No... No, you're not!" Enid tried clinging to his arm but he pulled it out of the way, "Yes, I am. Dying made me realized that. I'm a yeti, I am supposed to be a monster. I will kill anything that stands in my way." Gunvald started walking away, "Hey Gun-" Xavier tried calling out but Gunvald glared at him which made him stop and step back, "DO NOT STAND IN MY WAY OR I WILL RIP YOU APART. FINAL WARNING." Gunvald threatened, his voice changed into a growl towards the end which made it sound extremely terrifying and menacing. 

Gunvald transformed and sprinted to areas where the battle was still ongoing. 

Enid and the others were dumbfounded and didn't know how or what to react at what just unfolded. 

"So what are we going to do?" Xavier broke the ice, "I'm gonna talk to him." Enid said, "You already did that and it didn't work." Kent butted in, "What do you proposed we do then?" Enid confronted Kent, "We need to kill him." Kent declared, gasps were heard all around him.

"WHAT THE! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" Enid charged towards Kent but Yoko and Xavier held her back, "You saw what he did here, right? He already lost his mind. If we let him continue going on a rampage, nothing will be left here neither the enemies nor us." Kent explained, "You know I'm right?" Kent turned to the others and nobody replied, Enid looked at them with hurt and shock in her eyes.

"Let's think this through. Gunvald saved us and everyone here numerous times, we at least owe him a second thought." Bianca stepped in, "We are also at fault here. We relied and burdened him too much. In the span of a couple of months, he fought battles here and there, he found out his parents were gone, and he even died but as soon as he resurrected he went back to fight it's all because he puts himself before others." Bianca followed, "Let Enid talk some sense into him again and if that doesn't work, we restrain him, not kill, restrain then figure out how to turn him back to normal. Are we clear?" Bianca looked at all of the Nightshades' faces, "Yes." everyone said except Kent, "Thanks." Enid hugged Bianca, "Don't thank me yet. I was just able to give you some time. If he doesn't go back to normal, Kent's suggestion may become an option." Bianca replied.  

Gunvald's POV

I snapped out when I heard Enid's voice, I looked around and saw what I did, "Enid... W-what did I do?", Enid was saying something but I wasn't really listening as I saw the fear etched on the faces of both the enemies and my schoolmates. It felt like they were more scared of me now than the werewolves who attacked us. 

- - - - - 

Ever since the moment I opened my eyes after I was supposed to be dead, I felt different because when I woke up, I was surrounded by numerous werewolves laying down by my feet. 

I have no recollection of fighting them or even getting to Nevermore but here I was, standing tall with blood on my hands.  

At first I thought it was just a side effect of being resurrected from the dead but I was getting this urge for blood. I have this intense feeling to fight and kill then it just got bad fast because when I was fighting the leader of the werewolves, I suddenly blacked out and when I came to, I was standing in a puddle of blood with a headless corpse beside me and I don't really feel anything about it. I just brutally killed another living being and it just felt right.  

Then it just got much worse when I attacked my own schoolmates and professors, my body was just moving on my own, my urge to kill was on the driver's seat while I was on the passenger side, I couldn't do anything as I mowed down both friends and foe. 

I realized that something was wrong with me, even at that time when I was looking at Enid's beautiful blue eyes, something was telling me to gouge it out, I fought the urge to harm Enid or any one of them, "I... I knew what was happening, I knew what I was doing but I didn't stop. Because deep inside, this is who I am. I am a monster. I AM A GODDAMN MONSTER!" I decided the best way to stop myself from hurting them was by pushing them away, "No... No, you're not!" Enid exclaimed and I was trying so hard not to hurt her, "Yes, I am." I emphasized, "Dying made me realized that. I'm a yeti, I am supposed to be a monster. I will kill anything that stands in my way." I walked away, "DO NOT STAND IN MY WAY OR I WILL RIP YOU APART. FINAL WARNING." I followed with a growl. 

I sprinted away from Enid and the others so that I won't hurt them like I did with my schoolmates and professors. "Why didn't you kill them?" the voice asked, "I don't want to hurt them." I replied, "I think I'm going crazy. I'm talking to myself." I thought, "No, you're not." the voice replied, "We need blood. Let's kill them all." the voice ordered and my body started going into overdrive as I attacked the remaining werewolves and avoided attacking our allies the best I can.  

Third Person's POV

Gunvald's current state was completely unstoppable as he was not hindered by his morals, he mowed down all the remaining werewolves with relative ease. But there was still a battle going on, it was against himself. Gunvald's thirst for blood was just going stronger and stronger and he was stopping himself from turning towards his allies. 

Gunvald's POV

I looked around and tried finding any enemies but there was none left, "We need more!" a voice in my head said, "But we got them all already." I replied, "No, we did not." the voice said menacingly and I saw my schoolmates and friends, "NO! I AM NOT GOING TO HURT THEM!" I shouted in my head, "I KNOW YOU WANT TO!" it replied, "I WON'T LET YOU! THIS IS MY BODY AND I NEED YOU TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I exclaimed but my body began moving on its own, "YOU AND ME ARE ONE NOW! IF YOU WON'T LET ME THEN I WILL DO IT ALL ON MY OWN!" the voice began laughing maniacally.

"NO! STOP!" I tried stopping my body from taking a step but it won't listen, "Who should we start with?" the voice said cheerfully, "Why are you doing this?" I asked pleadingly, "Why? WHY?! I WANT YOU TO SUFFER!" the voice growled, "YOU DESTROYED MY LIFE!" the voice continued, I was confused, "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, "YOU KILLED ME!" the voice declared, "And now, I will kill everyone you love with your own hands. That is my gift to you, Gunvald. I know exactly who to start with." the voice added and my body turned towards the Nightshades' direction and I was looking straight at Enid. "No... No... No..." I told myself but then I began to realize who I was conversing with, the voice who was urging me to kill, it felt like lightning hit me when I figured it out. 

"Ajax..." I muttered in my head. 

Author's Note:

This is King AnoniMus. 

Sorry for the long wait. I will try my best to finish this story as soon as possible. 

Thank you for the 19k reads. I appreciate you all! Let's get it!