XXVIII. The Deal

Gunvald's POV

I managed to glance at Xavier, who had a huge grin on his face. I realized we practically said the whole academy that me and Enid were a thing.

Before I could think any further, I heard Principal Blake announced, "They're starting to break through.", I looked at the vine wall and saw it being ripped apart as claws came sprouting out the small openings, "Look alive people!" I instructed as everyone took an attacking stance, I stood in front with my claws out and mean face on. 

One by one, they started getting through then I suddenly thought of an idea, I walked over to Xavier, "Do you have a flaming arrow?", "Yeah. We have some." he replied, "Gasoline?" I asked, "Yeah, 5 drums. Why?" he replied, "Shoot at the wall on my mark." I told him as I carry one of the drums of gasoline, "Instruct the others to do so too." I followed, "What are you planning?" he asked but I just grinned at him, "Oh!" he exclaimed and smiled as well.

I went in front and I planted my left foot in front of me for balance and leaned back to maximize range and power before throwing the drum to the vine wall, it broke open on impact coating the vines with gasoline, "Now!" I shouted and flaming arrows lit up the sky and as soon as it made contact with the gasoline covered vines, it burst into flames. 

Screams of pain and agony echoed in the forest but it didn't last that long as werewolves came bursting through the wall of flames and they just shook off the flames like it was nothing. "Shoot! I already thought that they will not be stopped by the flames for long but not this quickly." I thought, "NEVERMORE WILL NOT FALL TODAY!" I was startled and caught off guard by Principal Blake's declaration but it was something we all needed at that moment.

Third Person's POV

Both sides charged at each other, Nevermore was lead by Gunvald followed by the Nightshades, Gunvald was not holding back and pouring all of his strength with each punch. The Nightshades were also doing their best cutting down enemies and the other students and faculties were also doing their best reducing the immense number of the other side.

But the tides of battle quickly changed as the strength and number of the army of werewolves overwhelmed the outmanned and out-weaponed side of Nevermore.

One by one, students and teachers were being taken away. Gunvald could see the knocked out being carried away but he couldn't do a thing since he was getting attacked by 5 werewolves. Because of his heightened senses, he could hear everything as it unfolded, he could smell blood all over the battlefield, and he could feel the dread and fear of everyone which was emanating all around him.

Gunvald was getting angry by the second because of own helplessness, he was angry that he couldn't do anything, and the rage seeped out as he began to grow even more larger to his previous size, the fur over his body covered more area than before, and his red eyes looked more bloody red.

Gunvald reached his full yeti form and let out a roar full of anger and disdain towards his enemy, everyone in the battlefield may it be friend and foe, stopped when they heard the roar.

Gunvald let loose on the werewolves that was attacking him and he immediately pummeled them down to the ground. Gunvald was unhinged and unstoppable as he ripped through every werewolf that he got his sight on. His snow colored fur was now covered with a crimson hue.

Principal Blake saw this happening and it reminded her of that particular day, "Like father, like son." she said.

Gunvald continued his rampage but then a howl was heard and the werewolves stopped charging forward and started retreating with students and faculties on their shoulders.

The battle ended but Gunvald still consumed by rage was still atttacking the bodies of the dead werewolves relentlessly.

The Nevermore Academy took a large blow, they barely managed to fight off the werewolves but many students were srill taken away. But there was something that surprised them even more and that is the sighting of the elusive Yeti.