XLVII. Race Against Time

Gunvald's POV

"Ajax..." I muttered in my head.

- - - - -

Third Person's POV

"H-how?! I-I KILLED YOU!" Gunvald shouted in his head, "You did but I had a last trick in my sleeve." Ajax replied, "The Gorgon's Blood." Gunvald realized, "Ding ding ding! You get a star. The Gorgon's Blood I injected you with was combined with my blood and because of that, a fragment of my consciousness was magically incorporated giving me a final and last chance to wreak havoc." Ajax explained as he continued to control Gunvald's body, Gunvald was doing anything he can to get back the control of his body but to no avail as Ajax chuckled continuously. 

Step by step, they were inching closer and closer towards the Enid and the others, "STOP!" Gunvald exclaimed with all his might and his body finally stopped, "Ohhhh! Amazing! You still have a fight left in you. That's one of your traits that I truly despise." Ajax stated, "But it doesn't change a thing." Ajax said as Gunvald's body started walking again.

"No... Why can't I control my own body?" Gunvald thought, "Do you want me to tell you?" Ajax chimed in, "It's all because when you died, your consciousness lost a grip of your body and I stepped in." Ajax's voice echoed inside Gunvald's head, "But of course, since it is originally your body when you resurrected, I was pushed back but as time went on, I took control here and there and eventually, your body began to believe I'm the original consciousness and started following my commands, just like now." he explained.

"The blackouts." Gunvald thought, "Another star for you. That was when I was starting to took over the body." Ajax replied, "Let's get back to business. Shall we?" Ajax announced as Gunvald's body started to sprint to Enid's direction and started transforming to his yeti form, "THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!" Ajax laughed happily, "Take a look at how you kill Enid." Ajax mocked. 

Enid's POV

I was trying to come up with something to say but no words or ideas is forming. I decided to look for him and I saw him beating up werewolves but then I noticed something strange, it looked like Gunvald was just standing in place and arguing with himself. 

He was walking then stopping then walking and stopping, it was like something was controlling him. Gunvald suddenly looked at our direction but it felt like he was looking right at me and his stare made my skin crawl, it was different from the normal looks that Gunvald, this one felt it was full of malice. 

He began walking towards us and my gut was telling me something's wrong and it became clear when Gunvald raced over us and began transforming, "Something's not right!" I told the others, "What do you mean?" Xavier asked, "Move!" I exclaimed as Gunvald's yeti form crashed in the middle of them. 

Third Person's POV

"What is happening?!" Bianca shouted, "I.. I don't know." Enid replied, "Proceed with your plan, Enid. Go on and talk to him." Kent muttered, "Not the time. Disperse!" Bianca commanded and the Nightshades quickly moved to all directions, "What do we do ?" Yoko asked, "Restrain him. Hinder his movements!" Bianca instructed and the Nightshades quickly began to make their move. 

"Sorry Gun." Xavier muttered under his breath as he released a flurry of arrows aimed at Gunvald, followed by Yoko and Divina tying a iron chain around Gunvald, and Divina, Kent, and Bianca chanting using their siren voices to incapacitate him, at first glance, they thought it was working since Gunvald was just standing still and was not moving. 

"It worked." Xavier stated, "Oh no. You shouldn't have said that. You'll jinx it again." Yoko said then she started feeling a pull from the chain she was gripping, Kent suddenly ran towards Gunvald, "We should end this when we still have the chance." he declared as he pulled out his rapier and attempted to stab Gunvald with it but a loud roar erupted and Gunvald ripped the chains tying him. 

Gunvald turned towards Kent who dropped his rapier from hearing the roar, Gunvald growled as he raised his fist and was about pound Kent into ground meat when Enid, in her werewolf form, swooped in just before it hit Kent. 

The impact created a crater on the ground, showing the immense destructive strength of a yeti. 

Enid reverted back to human form and punched Kent across his face which dropped him to ground, "We're not finished." she stared straight at him before turning her attention back to the Out-of-Control Gunvald. 

- - - - - 

"Nearly got one. This is fun!" Ajax said excitedly, "Give me back my body!" Gunvald said, "Don't worry, I will give it back to you as soon as you are covered with their blood, flesh and bones." Ajax chuckled.

Ajax was assessing who to attack first, the most helpless and he saw Yoko standing at the side still holding a piece of chain, "Perfect." he muttered before commanding Gunvald's body to made his move, he shifted and in a burst of speed, he quickly reached Yoko, who fell to the ground in fear as she was not able to react at all and was just frozen on the spot.

"Goodbye Yoko! I never liked you anyway." Ajax cheered as he threw a punched aimed at Yoko, "NO!" Bianca and the others screamed but no one could get to her in time.

The impact was frightening, it sounded like a volcano erupting. Bianca and the others looked in horror, not knowing what happened to Yoko as they were surrounded by a cloud of dust and dirt. 

When the dust cleared, Divina and Xavier gasp seeing Yoko lying on the ground but Enid breathed a sigh of relief when she heard Yoko's heart beating. 

The punched missed and hit the ground beside Yoko, she only fainted because of the shock. 

Gunvald managed to get control of his body for a moment and divert the punch at the last second, "You're starting to annoy me, you know." Ajax told him, "Why can't you just sit back and wait for your turn? I promise you I'll give you back your body once I'm finished." he followed, "Not gonna happen. This is my body. You already spilled too much blood. This has to end." Gunvald stated. 

In Gunvald's mind, Ajax and Gunvald started manifesting bodies for their consciousness. Ajax created his body like how he was and same with Gunvald.  "End, huh?" Ajax grinned at Gunvald, "You think you can take me without your yeti form?" he followed, "Same goes with you." Gunvald replied, "No tricks, just an old school fist fight. I like it, how about we raise the stakes? Whoever wins gets this body. Deal?" Ajax proposed, "Deal." Gunvald agreed.

Ajax smiled, "And another thing..." Ajax added as the body raced towards the Nightshades knocking them down one by one before anyone could make a move. 

Even Enid couldn't do a thing as she stared at the huge figure standing in front of her, "G-Gun-" she was cut off when Ajax made the body grab her by her neck, she tried fighting off but the grip of the hand around her neck was too strong.

"I decided to make it easier for you.. You have three choices: Win-win, win-lose, or lose-lose. Win-win means you beat me and get your body back and you save Enid in the process, Win-lose, you get your body back but Enid has a floppy neck, or lose-lose for you but a win -win for me, Enid dies by your hands and I get your body. Easy right?" Ajax smiled as Gunvald looked in horror.

"So what will it be?" Ajax laughed.