IX. Gunvald Saves the Day

Third Person's POV

Gunvald immediately went after him, not  letting him get back up, Gunvald picked up the fallen tree trunk and strike him with it at full strength and the impact sent him flying and also destroyed the trunk into a million splinters and chunks of woods.

Gunvald's POV

I walked towards the girl, who was leaning by a tree clutching her right arm, "Are you okay?" I asked with concern but my voice was still beast like, it sounded scary even for me but she nodded in reply. 

"That's good to hear. Come on, I'll wal-" I was cut off by the girl's sudden shout, "BEHIND YOU!", when I turned around the other werewolf, who was pinned under a tree earlier managed to escape and lunged towards me and I wasn't able to react quickly and the werewolf chomped down on my right shoulder. 

"AHHHH!" I screamed in pain, it felt like being stabbed with knives. I started punching him, trying to make him let go but he wasn't budging. 

I was doing anything I can to make him let go but nothing was working but then  I remembered a grappling move my dad taught me so I put my arms around his neck and gripped it tight, I started feeling him trying to escape my grip but I had no plan of letting go and he started clawing my body but I just made the headlock tighter and tighter until I felt his jaws loosen and his body went limp, I made sure he was knocked out before letting go. 

I sat down and checked my wounds, I was full of scratches, cuts, and completely soaked in blood but I was okay. 

The girl walked towards me and tried to stop the blood from flowing, "We need to take you to the infirmary." she told me, "No, it's okay. I'm fine..." I replied, I was starting to revert back to my human form but I heard swooshing noise going towards our direction, it was a huge boulder thrown to our direction. 

"Look out!" I pushed her aside and I was hit right on the chest and I was knocked down to the ground and I was seeing double, "Hey, are you okay? We need to leave now." I heard the girl said, "I-I'm *cough* fine. Go. Leave. I'll hold him off." I instructed her as I slowly stood up, "O-okay. Thank you." she told me before running off.

I was trying my best to stay in my partial yeti form but I was feeling a little bit dizzy, maybe because of me losing  a lot of blood. 

I knew that I was in no condition to fight so when I heard him quickly approaching, I took a quick breath and hoped for the best and I suddenly heard groaning sounds and when I look, he was turning back to his human form even the guy who was knocked out turned back. 

I looked up in the sky and the moon was completely covered by clouds, I smiled, "Thank you." I muttered, thanking the higher power. 

I looked at him and he still had cover over his face, "Do you still want to dance?" I told him trying to sound confident and not in pain, he slowly made his way to his companion and put him on his shoulder before running away in the darkness of the forest. 

When I couldn't see them anymore, my legs gave in and I fell face first on the ground. I couldn't move anymore and I started hearing footsteps and voices running towards where I am so I was relieved, "He's here." was the last thing I heard before everything went dark.

Xavier's POV

I was still in the quad, working on my painting when the howling from the Furs started. "Is it a full moon today?" I peeked into the sky and the moon was significantly larger and shining brighter compared to the previous day but something was bugging me, I had a vision from the previous week depicting a full moon and two set of red eyes peeking out of the forest. I just shrugged the thought off before returning to what I was doing.

The Furs' wolfing out session was still ongoing when suddenly a different kind of noise emanated from somewhere, it was a roar like I have never heard before. It seems that I was not the only one who heard because the howling died down almost immediately, "I can only think of one species in Nevermore who can do that, a yeti." I muttered as I ran outside the quad, trying to find where the roar came from. 

I saw most of the students were outside, curious as well to what the roar was. I saw Enid outside her building, "Hey Enid. You heard that right?" I asked, "Who didn't?" She gestured at the people outside, "Is that roar from a werewolf?" I asked her and she shook her head, "Most of us were busy wolfing out." She told me, "Where did it came from?" I asked, "I think it came from there." She pointed at the forest, "What species can generate a roar like that?" I wanted to confirm my assumption, "That roar mostly came from something bigger and stronger." She declared, then I saw her face contort into an expression of shock and realization. 

She looked at me, "You don't think its-" she stopped before looking around when nobody was in earshot, she proceeded to mouth, "Gunvald?", "I can't think of anybody else who is a larger and a stronger species than he is." Xavier answered, "What is he on? Is he attacking somebody again?" She asked, "Woah. You know Gunvald is not that kind of person." I was taken back by her statement, "He only attacked when provoked just like when your boyfriend 'tried protecting you'." I defended Gunvald, emphasizing the 'tried protecting you' part since it was what they told Principal Blake which was an obvious lie, "But he did really attack us." She tried justifying the lie both of them made up, "Yeah, after Ajax started hitting him. Keep lying to yourself, Enid." I got irritated because of how she kept standing up for Ajax so I just left her but she followed me and we started making our way to the forest. 

When suddenly a figure was exiting the tree line, stumbling and falling down, it was Rowena Rowlands, a psychic, and she was covered in blood, we ran to her and the others who saw her too followed. 

"What happened to you?" I asked, "I... I..." she was having a hard time forming any words, "Are you hurt? You're bleeding." I told her, "We need to take you to the infirmary." I called others for help, "This... This isn't mine." she replied with a shaking voice, "Who is it?" I asked but I think I already knew who it was, "G-Gunvald. It's Gunvald. He saved me. You need to help him. He can't fight anymore. He's heavily wounded and he's bleeding a lot." She announced and the people there who heard what she said, immediately went into the forest without second thought.

There were at least 20 people scouring the forest, "GUNVALD!" the quiet forest was enveloped by shouts of Gunvald's name. I was starting to get nervous because based on what Rowena said, Gunvald is in a really bad shape , "He doesn't have much time." I muttered but then someone shouted, "He's here.", I saw Gunvald lying on his stomach and wasn't moving, "Is he okay?" I asked, "He's alive but his pulse is faint, he lost too much blood we need to take him to the infirmary immediately." Caelan Etnam, who is one of the Fangs and is an excellent medic that has extensive medical knowledge, rumors have it that he read medical books for almost 50 years, remarked so we carried Gunvald out of the forest. 

The clouds covering the moon moved out of its way and the full moon lit up the forest, I suddenly felt shivers down my spine it felt like somebody was watching us so I turned around I saw in the darkness, two set of red eyes glaring at us then they slowly disappeared. "It looks like it's the Hyde situation all over again." I thought as we made our way to the infirmary.