XXVII. Clash of the Predators 2

Third Person's POV

"What do you want to talk about?" Gunvald asked while washing the dishes, Enid looked at Xavier and Xavier understood that she wanted to talk with Gunvald alone, "I'll get some air and check your vegetables." Xavier told them as he stepped outside.

Gunvald's POV

"I'm sorry." Enid apologized, "For what? You did nothing wrong." I replied with my back still facing her since I still can't look her in the eyes , "I'm the one who should apologize, I shouldn't have done what I did. How can someone like you like someone like me." I followed, "Don't say that." she replied, "It's really okay. I'm okay now. I understood what it means to be a yeti. For the past few weeks, I embraced being a yeti and it felt right. I'm destined to be alone. I know that now." I told her, I didn't her reply but I heard footsteps walking towards me and I felt arms wrapped around my waist and her head resting on my back.

"This couple of weeks gave me a lot of time to think and you... I can't seem to take my mind off you. It seems that I like you too, Gunvald and I want to be with you. God knows how much I want to but I can't... for now. I'm carrying too much baggage that I don't want you to be burdened with. You're not destined to be alone since you still have me so please can you wait for me, until I'm ready?" Enid confessed and I could feel my whole body stiffened, I turned around and face her, "For real?" I asked, "This can't be real." I blabbered, then suddenly out of nowhere, she leaned in and kissed me on the lips, "Did that feel real?" Enid smiled, "Yeah..." I went and hugged her tight, "I'll wait for you how long it may take. I'll be always here for you." I told her, "Thank you, Gunvald." she hugged me back, "FINALLY!" we heard a shout from outside which made us both laugh.

Gunvald's POV

I decided to return to the Monstera Hall but I still spent most of my time in the cave and Enid was there with me. We were keeping it casual and I was stopping myself from doing romantic stuff since I don't want her to get uncomfortable. 

Enid was helping me in my farm and in hunting, I cook for her since in her own words, "I can't cook to save my life. I can't even make boiled eggs.", I laughed so hard when I heard that and she got so mad at me that she didn't talk to me the rest of the day. 

I made her some hot choco and pancakes so that she could forgive me and it worked. I was so happy to be with her and nothing could ever change that... that was what I thought, I never thought the danger lurking in the shadows just waiting for the perfect time to strike.

- - - - -

It has been a month since the last attack and I thought that we finally drove APEX away but I still get this feeling in the pit of my stomach, extreme uneasiness. 

"GUN!" I flinched at the sudden shout, I turned to my side and saw Enid staring at me, "Is there something bothering you?" she asked, "No-no. It's nothing, I was just thinking about something." I replied, "Alright." she said, "Uhm... Enid?" I asked, "Yeah?" she looked at me with raised eyebrows, "Don't you get nervous about right now?", "Nervous? About what?", "I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but it feels like the calm before the storm, you know.", "I think I understand what you're getting at. That's why, we, the Nightshades aren't getting too relax since they can attack anytime.", "Yeah... That's right..." I told her but I was still not calm about the situation... and I was right to be so.

- - - - -

I was woken up by a very frantic Xavier in the dead of the night, "W-what's happening?" I asked still a bit groggy, "We need to get the others! They're coming!" he exclaimed and I immediately sat up, "What? You sure?" I asked him, "I just had a vision. An army of werewolves came running out of the forest." he told me, "What else did you see? Did you see the time of the attack?" I asked him as I put on a jacket, "Yeah... 3 am." he said, I looked at the clock hanging on top of our door and it says 2:30 am. 

"30 minutes, that's all the time we have to prepare?! Shoot!" I exclaimed, "I'll call the others and wake up the whole school. We'll need all the help we can get. How about you?" Xavier said, "I'll head out and do what I can to reduce their numbers as much as I can." I told him, "Be careful, Gunvald." he told me, I smiled at him, "Uh... Can you tell Enid and the others that after this we all should go to the Weathervane and drink some hot choco?" I told him, "Yeah. I'll tell them. See you later, Gun." he smiled at me before leaving, I walked to my closet and opened a box that I kept at the back corner and took out the pocket watch my dad gave me, I went out and inside the forest and gathered as many tree trunks I can, I was planning on hurling them on the incoming werewolves to hinder or even take some of them out. 

I sat there checking the time, waiting for them to arrive, it was already 2:56 am and I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing up, "They're here." I muttered as I slowly thought of my trigger and transform.

At exactly 3 am, the army of werewolves burst out of the tree line. I let out a huge roar before chucking trunk after trunk, the plan was reducing their numbers but even though I managed to get about ten to twenty of them, they just kept coming. 

"They must have brought everyone." I thought, I didn't realize that I was out of tree trunks and out of options, "I need to hold them here... What am I thinking? I can't handle this many." I thought. As they were inching closer and closer, I knew I need, no, I must make a stand.  

"I'll probably die. Ah, f*ck it!" I roared as ran forward, ready to throw hands but suddenly a large wall of vines grew between me and the werewolves. 

"Woah! What the! Where did this came from?" I exclaimed, seeing a 20 foot vines in front me, "It seems we were right on time." I heard a voice coming from behind me, I turned a round to see Principal Blake, followed by the other members of the Nightshades and then the professors and students, all armed with rapiers, rusty swords and spears.

"Did you do this?" I asked Principal Blake, she just smiled at me, "You have been carrying this much burden alone so let us carry it with you." she told me and I nodded in reply. I walked towards them, "The wall won't hold them for long." Principal Blake announced, "Wait! You can always do something like that, why didn't you do that all around Nevermore?" I asked her, "I'm not that young anymore, Mr. Osborn. Doing something like that would knock me out for weeks." she replied, "Oh... I understand. It sucks being old." I said without thinking, "What was that, Mr. Osborn? Did you say something?" she asked, my eyes widened at my sudden realization, "I didn't say anything." I quickly replied. 

Then I suddenly felt shivers down my spine, my instincts were telling me to be careful but the danger was not coming from in front me since there was a vine wall so I turned around and saw Enid glaring at me as she slowly made her way to my position. 

"I'm dead." I thought, I showed her a smile but the glare was still unmoving, I was bracing for a punch or a slap but I felt her arms wrapped around me, she pulled away and punched my shoulder hard, even in my yeti form I felt a sharp pain from her punch. 

"What the hell are you thinking?!" Enid screamed at me, "I... uhm..." I was mumbling like an idiot, figuring out something to say, "What was your plan? Get yourself killed?" she continued, "I... uhm..." I still wasn't able to reply, she started pounding my chest, "Never do something this stupid again or I'll kill you myself." she looked at me with tears forming around her eyes, "I...I'm sorry." was all I managed to say, Enid turned around and walk back to where the other Nightshades was, I turned to my side and I can see everyone staring at me, confused of what just unfolded before their very eyes. I managed to glance at Xavier, who had a huge grin on his face. I realized we practically said the whole academy that me and Enid were a thing.