XIII. Not a Date

Gunvald's POV

"Hmm... Hey Gun, I think I figured it out." Xavier suddenly said, "Figured what out?" I asked, "What we were talking about last night." I saw him smile at me. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said but I knew what he was really talking about, "Oh really? Do you want me to remind you?" he looked at me teasingly, "Remember when-" I immediately cut him off, "Okay-okay. We'll talk about it later.", "What are you two talking about?" Enid joined, "It's nothing. Men stuff." I told her, "Uh-huh." she looked at me with her brows furrowed,  "How are you feeling by the way?" I asked her, seeing her barely touched her food, "I'm feeling much better." she said but still with a sad expression.

I was trying to think of something that can help in keeping her mind off of the whole Ajax situation, "Oh yeah, I have never been able to tour Jericho yet and I really want to but I really don't have any clue of where to go and what places to visit. So?" I told her, I saw her smile, "I was also thinking of going to town later. Do you want to come with me?" she asked, "Sure." I agreed, "After classes later, okay? What's your number?" she asked, "I... I don't have a phone." I replied, "What? You're just like Wednesday. We need to get you one later. Let's just meet in the quad." she suggested, "Got it." I smile and I went back to my food, I looked up and Xavier was looking at me with a huge smile, "You know I'm still here right?" he teased, "Shoot. I forgot about him again." I realized, I just grinned at him and ate my food.

Because of what unfolded at lunch, I wasn't able to focus on the classes that followed. 

I was walking with Xavier back to Monstera Hall, "You had your eyes on Enid since day one and now, you're going on a date with her. I didn't think you had it in you." Xavier stated, "What? I... I didn't ask here on a date." I replied, "Oh really? You suggested to go in the town with just the two of you. That's a date in my books." he explained, "I just wanted to take her mind off her break up with Ajax." I told him.

"Oh. I almost forgot you need to spill what happened with you and Enid last night." he declared, "Oh that? It was nothing really. I just found her in the gym, beating  a poor dummy and I noticed she was crying so I asked and lent her a ear, she told me that Ajax broke it off with her without any reason. I also walked with her until we reached her building and then... she kissed me on the cheek." I told him but I whispered the last part .

"Huh? I didn't hear the last part. What did you say?" he leaned closer, "I said she kissed me on the cheek." I mumbled, "What?! SHE KISSED YOU!" Xavier exclaimed, "DUDE! SHHHH!" I shushed him while checking if anyone was around, "She kissed you?" he asked again, "Yeah. On the cheek." I responded with a smile, "You dog! Good for you." he pat me on the shoulder. 

When we got home, I immediately went to the bathroom to take a bath. I got out and I opened my closet, "Hmmm..." I was scanning through the clothes I have, "Hey Xavier, what should I wear?" I asked, "Whatever you want. It's not a date, right? It shouldn't matter what you wear." Xavier teased, "Yeah, it's not a date." I thought so I picked a white hoodie, black pants, and the only stylish shoes I have, a white AF1. I checked myself out on the mirror and I was fine with what I look, "You look good." Xavier showed two thumbs up, "I'll be going now. See you later, X." I told him, "Enjoy your not-date. Details later." he told me with a huge grin, I left our room and headed to the quad. 

I made my way to the hall leading to the quad when I suddenly felt nervous, Xavier's teasing started getting to me. "This is not a date. This is not a date." I repeated as I headed to the quad, I was about to enter quad, I saw Enid sitting in the middle and she looked really beautiful.  

I felt my heart started racing and my stomach aching, I don't know why but my body moved on its own and I hid behind a wall. I peeked from behind the wall and I saw her looking around waiting for me, she was wearing a very colorful knitted sweater and skirt and also a scarf-like garment wrapped around her neck. 

"Why am I hiding?" I asked myself, I took a quick breath and was about to go to Enid when I heard, "Why are you hiding?", I was completely caught off-guard that I almost fell backward but I was able to balance myself, "H-how did you know I was here?" I stuttered, "I heard you. My hearing's really good." she pointed at her ears, "How long have you been here?" she asked, "I-I just got here." I replied, "Alright. Are you ready?" she asked, "Uh yeah. Lead the way." I told her and she smiled at me. 

We got to the town and it was normal. From all the town I passed by while I was looking for Nevermore, this town may be the most unimpressive of them all. 

"What do you want to do first?" Enid asked me, "Uhm... How about getting a bite to eat? I'm starving." I suggested, "Okay. Let's go to Weathervane." she started walking and I followed her, "Weathervane? What kind of place is it?" I asked while looking at the buildings we were passing by, "Oh... It's a coffee shop. They serve hot chocolate which is something you need to try." she replied, "I can't wait." I said as we made our way there. 

We got there and looked for a table, "So what do you want to try?" she gave me the menu, "How about we get one of everything?" I asked her and she just looked at me, "What?" I inquired, "You want one of everything?" she asked and I nodded in reply, "I told you, I'm starving." I grinned at her, "Alright." she stood up, "Oh wait. I'll pay." I told her, "No, it's okay. We can split the bill.", "No, I insist. It was my suggestion so I'll pay.", "Okay. Suit yourself.", I took out a couple of bills and hand it to her, when she looked at it her mouth opened.

"What now?" I was confused of her reaction, "Is it not enough? Wait. I think I still have some more." I was checking my pocket for more bills, "No-no. This is already more than enough. How much money did you bring?" she said, "I don't know. Let me check." I took out all the bills I have in my pocket, "This much." I laid it down on the table, "A thousand dollars!" she told me in a high pitch voice, "Based on your reaction, I brought too much, didn't I?" I asked her putting back the money in my pocket and she just nodded, she returned a couple of bucks, "This is enough." she told me before she went to the counter to order.

While she was ordering, I an see the cashier looking at me with hateful eyes, maybe because I just made their lives harder for ordering so much food, I looked away and checked out the view from the window. 

Enid came back and handed me the change, "I can hear the cook cursing me from the kitchen." I told Enid which made her laugh, "They told me that nobody have ordered so much food before." she replied and I grinned in reply, "Oh yeah... You said that I should get a phone, where do you buy those?" I asked her, "We'll go there later.", "Is the money I brought will be enough? I left most of my money back in my room.", "With that much, you can even buy three phones if you want." she told me, "Cool." I responded and then our food was served. 

"Woah! This all look so good." I told her, "Dig in." she said as she picked up a sandwich, I was choosing what to try first when the hairs in the back of my neck stood up. I immediately looked outside to find the reason and I saw someone midst of the crowd in front of a building just across us, I'm not 100 percent sure but I think it was Ajax.