XXXV. Cold-Blooded Snake

Third Person's POV

"Miss me?" Ajax said with a huge arrogant grin on his face. 

- - - - - 

Upon seeing Ajax and the petrified Enid, Gunvald thought of rushing and lunging in. 

Gunvald slowly moved his right foot behind him trying to get a good footing, "Don't do that." Ajax noticed what Gunvald was trying to do and he slowly put his hand on Enid's shoulder, "I don't know what will happen if you suddenly rushed in and surprise me. I am somewhat clumsy." he followed as he nudged the stone figure which made it tilt back a little. 

Gunvald moved his foot back, "Good boy." Ajax said smiling at him, "What do you need?" Gunvald asked, "You. I need you to come with us. Someone wants to meet you." Ajax answered, "Plus, you really don't have a choice here." he added, glancing at the stone figure of Enid.

"Okay. Alright, I'll come with you. Just leave her alone." Gunvald reverted back to his human form, "Go and hold him down." Ajax ordered his two companions and they started turning into werewolves as they approached him, one of the werewolves put his hand on Gunvald's head and slammed him down the snowy ground, pinning and preventing him from moving.

Ajax suddenly started laughing hysterically, "I can't believe that's all it would take to get you. It really seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You are really your father's son." he said which made Gunvald's head shot up, "What did you just say?" he asked, "I said you are just like your father." Ajax walked towards Gunvald, "Y-you know my father?" Gunvald stated, "I do." Ajax kneeled down to look at Gunvald, "It's a funny story really, at first, I didn't realized it when I first saw you at Nevermore but I got this strange sensation that you looked oddly familiar but I was sure I have never seen you before. But that one night, when your eyes turned red and your hair became white, it hit me." Ajax explained, "Oh, you mean that one night when you cried like a child, sobbing and snotting all over the place. Yeah, I vaguely remember that." Gunvald quipped and Ajax expression turned serious for a moment before returning to normal.

"Ha-ha-ha, yeah, that was funny." Ajax sarcastically replied, "That night was when I realized, I have seen you before, actually, let me phrase it correctly, I have seen that transformation before." Ajax smiled, "It was when we hunted a yeti, right here in this very mountain." Ajax's smile turned into a sinister grin, Gunvald's expression contorted into a mix of pure anger, confusion, and disbelief. 

"What? No witty comebacks?" Ajax leaned in, "That's it! That's the same face your father made when we approached their cave. Your father was the strongest being I have ever seen. We brought an army of 40 and only a handful of us were left at the end." Ajax said, "But we managed to get him, you want to know how we caught a monster like your father?" he asked Gunvald but he was just staring at him with murder in his eyes.

"Okay, I'll take that as a yes. It was with such a pointless weakness, love. Can you believe it?" Ajax mocked as he started laughing once again and with that, Gunvald couldn't hold it in any longer as his eyes turned red and his hair turned white but he couldn't move at all, all he can do was wriggle and shout, "I will rip your head off!".

"I was tasked to stone a certain someone. Do you know who it was?" Ajax put his hand on his ear but Gunvald just scowled at him, "Ding! Ding! Ding! That's right, it was your mother and all I had to do was show your father the stoned figure of your lovely mother and he actually stopped fighting." Ajax shrugged his shoulders, "Someone with that great strength was reduced to nothing by fear of losing a certain person. Yuck!" Ajax made puking noises.

"We were ordered to capture the yeti. We don't have any idea if he would act out so thankfully, our orders were take him dead or alive so..." Ajax stretched his arms widely with a smile and then gesturing putting a gun onto his head and pulling a trigger, making a gun sound, "By yours truly, of course. It was an initiation of some kind, at first I was scared, I could feel my hand shaking but  when I squeezed the trigger and the gun went off and as I saw your father's body dropped to the ground, I felt euphoria and... this inexplainable joy. I will never in my life forget my very first kill and... It was your father." he followed, Gunvald's eyes widened, hearing Ajax's declaration.

"Your father was pathetic, just like you. He died for something stupid like love, what nonsense." Ajax started laughing again, Gunvald was doing all he can to move.

"I'm gonna f*cking kill you! I will kill you!" Gunvald declared as his words were spoken midway through a growl and turned to visceral and powerful roar of pure anger. The power of the roar produced shockwaves all throughout the mountain which even caused an avalanche at a mountain nearby. 

Gunvald couldn't control himself anymore upon hearing everything, his hatred and absolute rage overtook his body. All he wanted to do was shred Ajax to pieces and bathe in his blood. 

 Gunvald's eyes turned bloodshot, staring at Ajax as his frame grew and white fur covered his entire body, his strength became unfathomable as he easily broke free from the two werewolves pinning him down. His yeti form seemed more powerful because he wasn't controlled by rationality anymore, his savagery and beastly instincts kicked in. 

Even Ajax's companions froze staring at this hulking beast, their primal instincts were telling them not to do anything or they'll be dead. Gunvald let out another roar before lunging forward towards Ajax with his claws all stretched out ready to rip Ajax apart but Ajax was smiling unbothered and undisturbed, in the face of a fearsome creature he just stood there with no hint of fear. 

As the claws were about to get him, Ajax pulled off his bonnet, exposing the various snakes on his head, all of them making hissing noises. Ajax activated his power, the snakes turned to Gunvald and bared their fangs, Gunvald's yeti form started to turn to stone but he still tried to get to Ajax while he was just moving out of range one small step at a time, mocking Gunvald until  eventually he stopped with his hand just a few inches from Ajax's neck. 

Ajax knocked on Gunvald's petrified head, his face was frozen holding the overwhelming anger he was feeling. "Call the others. Tell them we secured the package." Ajax put on his bonnet as he told one of his companions, who managed to snap out of his fear. 

Ajax was strolling around, caressing both Gunvald's and Enid's stoned figures with a huge grin across his face. He stood in front of Enid, holding her by the chin, "You should have just joined me when you had the chance. I could have given you the world, now you'll just suffer with the others when we burn it to the ground." he leaned and kissed her on her stone-like lips. 

Ajax turned around to face Gunvald and he walked closer until he was leaning near his ear, "There's something I really wanted to tell you. Can I tell you a secret? Promise me that you'll not tell the others." Ajax stared at the petrified face of Gunvald, "Okay... Alright... I trust you." Ajax took a deep breath, it was like he's really nervous about what he was about to say but he was just doing it to continuously mock Gunvald. 

Ajax leaned on Gunvald's ear and whispered, "You wanna know what happened to your mother?"