X. Glimpses to the Future

Xavier's POV

"It looks like it's the Hyde situation all over again." I thought as we made our way to the infirmary.

Gunvald's POV

I woke up and immediately groaned when I felt pain... everywhere. I opened my eyes and was met by a white bright light and when my eyes adjusted, I recognized the place, I was in the infirmary. 

I looked at myself and I was completely covered in bandages and I can feel a searing pain in my shoulder, even my monster healing ability couldn't do much against all the wounds I got from the fight. 

Every small movement was painful, "That's what you get for being a hero.' I said to myself, the only part of my body that doesn't hurt as much when I move was my head, I turned to my side and I saw Xavier completely focused on his notebook. 

"Hey..." I greeted, Xavier looked up and smiled, he put his notebook and pen on the table beside the bed, "How are you feeling?" he asked, "This is nothing. I'll live." I replied chuckling which was followed by a groan since my stomach was also heavily wounded from the claws of the werewolves, "Wait... There was a girl, how is she? Is she okay?" I asked, "Yeah. She is completely fine, thanks to you." he told me, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey Gun, what exactly happened last night?" Xavier asked, "Where to start... I was just chilling in the forest just like what I usually do when I suddenly heard a scream from inside the forest. I ran towards the source and that's when I saw two guys dragging a girl and I confronted them. That was when the fight started, at first we were even but they suddenly started transforming." I told him, "Transform? Into what?" he asked, "Into a werewolf." I answered, Xavier was quiet for a moment. 

"Full moon! It was a full moon last night. It all make sense now." he exclaimed, "What makes sense?" I was confused, he then started going through his notebook and showed me a drawing; it was a drawing of a full moon and two sets of red eyes.

"I had this vision last week since I only see glimpses, I don't have any idea what my vision is about or when it will happen." he explained, "Do you have any other visions from the past few weeks? Maybe we can get something from those." I asked, "Yeah... Just two." he went through his notebook and showed me, the first was just a hand reaching for a light and the second was a huge figure standing in the middle of the quad in front of the huge tree. I got chills in my spine when I saw the second drawing, I got a feeling that it was me in my yeti form.

"Hey, are you good?" Xavier asked, "Y-yeah." I replied, "By the way, how did you find me last night?" I asked him, "I was in the quad finishing my painting when all of a sudden a loud roar was heard, the wolfing out of the Furs immediately halted. Out of everyone here, I only know one species that can let out a roar like that and it only meant one thing, something was happening. So I decided to check it out and almost everyone was curious as well and that's when we saw a girl exiting the forest, exasperated, terrified, and covered in blood. She told us about what you were doing so about 20 of us immediately went in to help." he told me, "Thanks." I said, "You know, even Enid came with us to search for you." he followed, "Wait... Really? She did?" I was surprised and I saw Xavier smiling teasingly. 

We suddenly heard the door opening, it was Principal Blake and the girl from last night. I slowly tried pushing myself up which resulted to me making undesirable noises but I managed to sit up, "I would like to stand up to greet you properly but as you can see this is the best I can do." I told Principal Blake, "It's understandable. I'm just here to see how you are doing." she smiled, "I'm a bit rough up, I'm hurt here and there... basically everywhere but I'm good. You should have seen the other guys." I replied and she smiled at my reply. 

"For now, rest and focus on your recovery. We have a lot to talk about." she told me before stepping out of the infirmary. Then I saw the girl standing so timidly, "Hey." I greeted trying to sound warm and nice, "H-hello." the girl greeted in a soft voice, "I'm gonna step out for a bit. See you later, Gun." Xavier stood up and left us two alone. 

"Thank you for calling for help." I told her, "Thank you for helping me." she replied, "I just did what everyone in that situation would do." I smiled, "No. Most people would just turn a blind eye but you went far and beyond. You would even sacrifice yourself just to save me, I don't know anybody would do such a thing just to help." she responded earnestly and I didn't know what to say, I was left speechless. 

"T-Thanks." I smiled and she smiled back, "By the way, I didn't have the chance to ask your name. I'm Gunvald Osborn." I introduced, "Oh! I'm Rowena Rowlands." she walked closer and offered a handshake, "Nice meeting you, Rowena." I shook her hand. "If it's okay with you, can I ask how did it all happen?" I asked her and I saw her slumped down on the chair, "If you're uncomfortable talking about it you don't have to." I told her, "It's alright. You are my benefactor." she said, "I... I was coming from the library and I was walking on my usual route towards home. I think I have been walking there for years and I have never felt scared or in danger even once but last night, I knew something was different, it was like I'm being watched. And then I saw someone standing a few feet ahead of me, I stopped and my guts were telling me to run so I did but that's when the two guys took me in the forest and tried dragging me away to who knows where." she explained, "Wait... You said someone was standing in front you and then the two guys took you, so there were three of them?" I asked and she nodded, "Did you get a look at the third guy's face?" I inquired, "No. He was too far and it was dark so I didn't recognized any features." she told me, I noticed her hands shaking and I knew it was hard for her to reminisce what happened to her, it must be the scariest moment of her life. 

"Sorry for forcing you to talk about it." I apologized, "It's okay. You saved me, that's the least I could do." She smiled, "I'll let you rest. When you're okay, let me treat you for lunch." She offered, "I'll never turn down free food. I'll take you on that offer." I said, "See you around, Gunvald. Thanks again... for everything." She thanked me, "It's nice meeting you, Rowena." I waved at her as she left.

I slid back down and I don't feel as much pain as before, "Finally, my healing ability is kicking in. Thank you my yeti genes." I exclaimed in my head, I was still a bit tired and my body was still aching so I rolled to my side and tried getting some more sleep when I heard the door creaked open, I thought it was Xavier coming back so I rolled over to the opposite side. "Hey Xav-" it was not Xavier, it was Enid.