XIV. Not Again

Gunvald's POV 

I immediately looked outside to find the reason and I saw someone midst of the crowd in front of a building just across us, I'm not 100 percent sure but I think it was Ajax.

I was trying to make sure if it was really Ajax but the figure disappeared with the crowd, "Hey Gunvald, are you okay?" I heard Enid said, "Huh? Oh yeah." I smiled in reply, "You sure? It looked like you saw a ghost." she stated, "What were you looking at?" she looked outside the window, "It was nothing. I just thought I saw somebody I know." I responded, "Okay. Come on. Let's eat. We still have many places to visit." she told me and I started eating but what happened earlier was still bugging me. 

The food was good and I was able to finish most of it without any challenge, "How can you eat so much food? Even the servers were surprised that you were able to finish it all." Enid told me while she was sipping her hot chocolate, "It really hit the spot." I told her, "So how's the hot chocolate?" she asked, I tasted the hot chocolate and it was extremely good, "Woah! It's really good." I exclaimed while I took another sip.

"Isn't chocolate bad for you?" I asked her, "Huh? How so?" she looked at me confused, "I read it on a book that chocolate is harmful to canine." I told her, "No you didn't?!" she was shocked, "What? Did I just said something wrong?", "You compared me to a dog." , "What?! I didn't meant to. I just thought canine means all species which include werewolves." I was panicking, "I'm sorry. I really don't know." I added and she started laughing, "It's okay. I'm just messing with you." she told me, "I really thought you were mad." I breathe a sigh of relief, "But to answer your question, no. Werewolves are part human so chocolate doesn't affect us the same way it affects other canine species." she smiled, "Noted." I smiled back, "Let's go? We still have places to go." she pulled me from my chair and went outside, it was a good idea to put the hot chocolate in to-go cup since I was still able to enjoy it while walking. 

We passed by a shop and I immediately knew it was Enid's favorite place, "Let me guess, that's your favorite shop." I pointed at the shop in front of us, "Hawte Kewture. Yes. How did you know?" she asked, I looked at her and I looked at the shop, "It's just screams Enid Sinclair." the shop was colorful and girly, just like her, she laughed at my description and we continued checking out shops. 

Then we walked by a rugged-looking shop, "What's the story of this one?" I asked her and I saw her expression changed and she was quiet for a moment, "Uriah's Heap... It's just a shop that sells road kill taxidermy." she said and she sped up walking.

I was quietly following her, "Sorry." I apologized and she slowed down. "It's... not your fault. I...-", "It's okay. You don't have to tell me." I cut her off, "Sorry for ruining the mood." she replied, "It's understandable. So where should we go next?" I asked her, trying to change the topic, "We should get you a phone." she told me so we headed to another set of shops specialized in selling electronics. 

It took us a couple of minutes, scanning through different stalls and booths to find a phone that I like. I was going through the different settings and apps familiarizing myself on how to use it. "This is really useful." I told her, "It really is. May I?" she asked for the phone and I hand it over to her then I saw doing something, she then gave it back to me. "That's my number." she told me and I smiled, "Should we go back to Nevermore? It already starting to get  dark." she asked, "Yeah, I think we should." I agreed.

- - - - - 

I walked with her until we get to her building, "Thanks for today." I told her, "I should be the one thanking you. It really made me feel better and it was fun." she responded, I watched as she walked inside and I waved at her before leaving.

I got back to Monstera Hall and Xavier was not there, I just changed into a more comfortable pants and jumped on my bed. I was holding my phone and staring at Enid's number, "Should I?" I asked myself as I opened the messaging app and typed, "Hi Enid. It's me, Gunvald. This is my number. That's all. Good night." I was pondering if I sounded like a total weirdo or even if I should send this. 

I decided not to so I was starting to delete the message when I accidentally hit what I assume is the call button since flashing on my screen at the moment was the words 'Calling Enid...', "Oh shoot!" I sat up and cursed as I try to stop the call but to my horror, it went through. 

I don't know what to do and I was just staring at it, "Hello?" I heard Enid say, I fumbled the phone before putting it against my ear, "H-hello..." I stuttered, "Oh! Gunvald!" she said cheerfully, "H-hi Enid. Sorry for the sudden call. I was just going through the phone and I accidentally called you." I told her, "It's fine. Now, I also have your number. I could contact you anytime. Is it okay?" she replied, "Of course. You can send me a message or call me anytime you want." I blabbered without thinking, I heard her laugh.

"Thanks." she told me, then I heard a faint knocking sound from her end, "Someone's knocking. Let me check it first." she let me know, I heard her asking 'Who is it?' I didn't hear any reply. 

"Why are you here?!" Enid sounded like she was surprised and angry, I wasn't able to hear who she was talking to, "No. I won't." She followed sounding even more frantic, "Enid? Are you okay?" I asked but I didn't her any reply, "Let me go!" I heard her scream and I knew something was happening to her so I went running out of my room and towards her building. 

"Enid? Enid, are you there? Are you okay?" I kept repeating on the phone but she wasn't answering. At full speed, I reached her building in a matter of seconds. I don't know where's her room so I used my senses, specifically my sense of smell since I already registered the smell of her favorite perfume. 

The smell of her perfume got stronger and stronger as I went up the building and I reached a room where the smell was the strongest. 

"This must be it. " I said as I knocked on the door, "Enid?" I called but I tapped on the door slightly and it opened, "Enid?" I asked again before peeking inside then I saw her phone on the floor. 

"Oh no." I picked up her phone, "Where is she?" I walked out her building and looked around when I saw marks on the gravel, it was like someone being dragged. 

"Not again." I muttered as I followed the marks and it led to the forest, I was utilizing all my senses just to get a clue to where Enid is. "Where are you?" I thought, getting frustrated of the situation when I heard talking in the distance. 

I ran towards that direction and it felt like deja vu, it's the two figures again carrying an unconscious Enid on their shoulders. At that moment, I didn't need any trigger, seeing Enid like that pushed me to the edge instantly.