Chapter 8: Reunion

3 person POV

Zack and Amanda couldn't believe he was alive, he was seated between them but they couldn't believe it. On the plane ride, Brian called and explained the situation to them so they wouldn't make his condition worse, happiness, joy, excitement, non of those words could explain what they felt.

'His hoodie is covering most of his face brian said he was burnt but how bad is it ' Amanda thought to herself staring at the man seated between her and Zack.

"I hope you understand, this is just to make sure," Skylar said snapping Amanda out of my thoughts.

"I can tell this is Hunter even without a DNA but If it puts your mind at rest and proves he is really our Hunter. A doctor of your choice will be here in a few days to collect what is needed, I already have Hunter's samples stored away " Zack explained staring at Rai with a smile.

"Rai is that OK," Skylar asked.

"If you think it's OK, I'm OK with it as well sky" Rai commented staring at his hands.

Zack and Amanda shared a look, they couldn't believe how much Hunter had changed, he acted like a completely different person.

Amanda placed her hand on Rai's making him move away. She held her hand to her chest. She noticed his right hand and part of his left had burn marks.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that so suddenly. Hunt-Rai do you mind showing me your face"Amanda asked quietly.

" yes, I do mind "Rai replied rudely.

" oh, I didn't mean to upset you, if you don't want to I won't force you "Amanda assured.

" Rai come on don't be rude, they are your family, they have been looking for you for a long time. Won't you do her this one favor "Brian asked.

" what for, so they can laugh and make fun of me," Rai asked.

"We'd never do that" Zack assured. Rai clenched his fists.

"Rai come on, it's just for a moment, They won't laugh" Skylar assured.

"But sky-"

"Do it for me please, Just like when you are getting a check up" she pleaded.

Rai stood up and then removed his hoodie then his shirt. A gasp escaped Amanda's lips, she stood up with wide eyes. She reached out to touch his burnt chest but rai grabbed her wrist. His grip was very tight. She yanked her hand away instinctively.

Zack didn't say anything, he was angry and couldn't say anything for fear he might say something he would regret. He felt angry with himself, he felt that he was the reason his best friend was in that state, if only he searched harder if only he didn't allow what everyone else told him to influence him, if only he had not let Hunter go to the asylum in the first place.

"Happy now, you've seen what you wanted"Rai asked.

He just felt very frustrated talking to Amanda and he had no idea why which made him feel very irritated. He felt uncomfortable being around a familiar presence he couldn't remember.

"Of course, I'm not, how could I be? You must have suffered a lot and alone at that. I'm just glad you are still alive and alright" Amanda declared.

"Of course, I suffered, a lot at that, you have no idea how much it hurt" Rai screamed.

"Rai-" Skylar screamed.

"You have no idea the hell I had to go through, where were you all these years, you forgot all about me didn't you, and now this is when you want to budge into my life looking at me with pity in your eyes, I'm probably not even Hunter as you think I am"Ray boomed.