Chapter 35:Birthday Party

Amanda's POV

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Hunter, happy birthday to you" I sang as I walked closer to him with the cake in my hand.

"Happy birthday" Zack screamed throwing confetti at Hunter.

"What's wrong, you aren't saying anything, are you alright," Skylar asked.

"How could I be alright when you guys soaked my bed, I understand you were trying to wake me up but pouring a bucket of cold water on me at midnight isn't cool" Hunter complained.

I laughed looking at him pacing about as he dried his hair with a towel.

"That was all Zack" Skylar said with a laugh.

"Come on, don't be so touchy, today is your birthday. We stayed up just so we could be the first to wish you at midnight" Zack explained.

"He's right. Besides the mansion has a lot of other rooms you could sleep in. Come on I bought this cake for you, cut it" I ordered.

I grabbed his hand and took him to the coffee table then handed him a knife to cut the cake.

The cake wasn't anything fancy, it was a single-layer velvet cake. Hunter glanced at the cake then everyone else.

"Thank you, I really appreciate the effort behind this. I wish that we'll always be together" He spoke up.

"Hey don't say your wish out loud, it might not come true" Skylar commented.

"I'll make it come true one way or another" Hunter replied.

He cut a small piece of cake and then fed it to me.

"Happy birthday, may you have many more birthdays to come" I wished.

I grabbed some cake and fed him.

"As long as you're with me it will always be a happy birthday" he commented.

He grabbed my hand and started licking my fingers.

"How sweet," He said staring into my eyes.

My cheeks quickly heated up. I snatched my hand away, my heart was beating like crazy, I was sure he could hear it. He moved closer to me holding my hand again.

"Don't start making out, when we are still in the room. Anyway, what's going on between you two" Zack asked.

"What do you mean," I asked. Hunter was still holding onto my hand

"Are you two a couple again or friends with benefits? I don't know, as someone who has seen your relationship grow from the beginning, somehow, it feels like you are treating each other as more of friends than lovers especially Amanda, it's actually painful to watch. Shouldn't you make it official, ask each other out, it might feel organic then" He replied grabbing some cake.

'What does he mean by that'

"Shut up, you're probably the problem if you see it that way and Is there any need for all those formalities? I find them time-wasting right now" Hunter asked.

'He's right, asking each other out it's just a formality but for some reason I feel upset hearing that'

" Amanda, are you okay? You suddenly got quiet"Skylar asked.

I flinched suddenly being pulled out of my thoughts.

" uh, of course, I'm just sleepy.  It's still midnight, I think I'll go rest. It will be a busy day today, I'll need a lot of energy "I replied.

Without waiting for a reply, I quickly stood up and hurried out of his room.

" what's wrong with me, why am I being so moody? He didn't even say anything wrong "I asked myself as I entered my room.