Chapter 44: Captivity

I slowly pushed myself up from the bed, my head throbbing with intense pain. I winced as I rubbed the sides of my head, trying to alleviate the discomfort. The room swayed before my slightly blurred vision, adding to the disorienting atmosphere.

"My love, could you toss me a water bottle?" I requested, my voice filled with a mix of exhaustion and vulnerability.

I sensed another presence in the room, and a chill ran down my spine. The air grew heavy with tension as I blinked repeatedly, trying to clear my vision. My breath caught in my throat as I saw Ethan standing before me, confirming my worst fears.

Memories of the recent events flooded my mind, causing me to hastily rise from the bed. Panic surged through me as I desperately searched for Hunter.

"Hunter, where is Hunter?" I frantically questioned, my voice trembling with fear.

Still feeling a bit dizzy, I stumbled, struggling to maintain my balance. Ethan reached out and held onto me, his touch sending shivers down my spine.

"Whoa there, relax. You're looking a bit pale. Just lay down," he ordered, his voice laced with a chilling authority.

I forcefully pushed him away, a surge of defiance welling up within me.

"Don't touch me," I warned, my voice filled with a mixture of anger and fear.

Determined to find Hunter, I made my way toward the only visible door in the small room. But my escape was abruptly halted as Ethan tightly gripped my wrist, his hold firm and unyielding.

"Where do you think you're going?" he demanded, his voice laced with a menacing undertone.

I attempted to snatch my hand away, my desperation intensifying, but he held onto my wrist with an iron grip, refusing to let go.

"I'm going to Hunter! Let me go!" I screamed desperately, my voice filled with a sense of urgency and desperation.

"No, you're not leaving from here. You're never getting away from me," he bellowed, his words dripping with possessiveness and malice.

"I said let me go!" I yelled back, my voice raw with defiance, and I mustered the strength to slap him with my free hand.

His gaze hardened as he glared at me, his expression filled with a mix of anger and superiority. In an instant, his hand shot out, and he slapped me back with force. The impact sent me stumbling to the ground, my eyes widening in shock and disbelief.

Pain radiated through my cheek, stinging intensely. He knelt down, gripping my cheeks harshly, his grip fuelled by a cruel determination.

"I've had enough of your bullshit. I'm not Hunter, Amanda. I'm not afraid to put you in your place when you misbehave," he spat, his voice seething with contempt. "I'm your new master now, so you better behave and stop trying to test my patience."

I pushed his hands away, my own trembling with a mix of fear and defiance.

"I'm not a pet, nor do I belong to you. Even if you've succeeded in kidnapping me, nothing will change. My heart will always belong to Hunter, and no one else. I will never love you, nor will I ever submit to you," I screamed, my voice filled with unwavering determination.

A sinister smirk crept across Ethan's face, his eyes gleaming with a twisted satisfaction, relishing in the power he believed he held over me. The room grew eerily silent, as if echoing his malevolent intentions.

"We'll see how much you can bear, then. I don't want to hurt you, but this is the only way to properly teach you," he said, his tone filled with a twisted sense of authority, before he stood up, towering over me.