Chapter 15: INSECURE

Rai's POV

"Rai thank god you are safe I was so worried. Why didn't you come back last night where were you, where were all of you" Skylar asked inspecting my body for bruises.

Lucky Zack bought me a new shirt on our way back.

"Skylar last night —" I started but Zack interrupted.

"What's up with the ominous questions so early in the morning, did you think we kidnapped him and took him back to the city," Zack asked.

"No, I was just worri—"

Zack wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Lighten up ginger, we just went to pick up Amanda but a tree fell in the middle of the road, so we just decided to stay at a hotel, sorry we didn't contact you sooner, you must have been so worried" Zack stated.

'When did these two get so close'

His arm around her didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

"I'm a little tired, I'll go take a shower" I spoke up then walked out of the room before anyone said anything.

"What's wrong with Rai, he seems nervous" I heard Skylar asked.

I took a quick shower then sneaked out of the house while everyone was having breakfast, I just wanted some alone time after what happened.

I found myself at the beach, I sat down on the sand staring at the far distance. I couldn't believe the events that occurred the night before and what was more concerning was how calm and refreshed I was feeling.

At first when Zack told me, it wasn't the first time I had killed someone I felt disgusted and scared of myself, but I didn't regret killing Nate.

I didn't even know why I killed him in the first place, I couldn't remember everything but what I remembered vividly was how I killed him and the insatiable desire to see Amanda.

'What is wrong with me'

I ruffled my hair.

'She knows I killed someone but she didn't treat me any different'

'Is she used to this'

'Any normal girl would have freaked out or reported me by now but she doesn't seem scared of me at all'

'I think I'm slowly starting to realize what Hunter saw in her in the first place'

"What a cute weirdo," I thought aloud.

"Aww are you talking about me" A voice asked from beside me.

I screamed moving away, I turned to my side and saw ms Kira.

"Ms what are you doing here," I asked.

Ms. Kira was a frequent visitor of the island, we met about a year ago and she came from time to time to the island and every time she did, she would come searching for me before she left.