Chapter 19: Confession

Zack's POV

I walked out the door and found Brian standing outside.

"I'm going to pick up Skylar, take care of Hunter while I'm out" I ordered.

He stared at me for a brief moment.

"Yes sir" he agreed.

I continued walking, it was a dark and chilly night, and I had to use my phone's flashlight so I couldn't stumble over something.

Luckily the islanders sold in the market till midnight so at least the way to the hospital wasn't as dark.

As I walked by some people kept staring at me and whispering amongst themselves, I wasn't in the mood to confront anyone so I just ignored their stares and walked to the hospital.

When I got there, I found the place wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, I searched around for a while but the redhead was nowhere to be seen.

'Did she go home?'

'I used the route she uses and didn't see her though'

I was about to then around and head back when a nurse walked up to me.

"Excuse me, I heard the other nurses saying someone is looking for the doctor you're the guy searching for Ms. Skylar right," she asked.

I smiled.

"Yes, where is she? Is she around" I asked.

She didn't answer but stared at me in awe.

"Ma'am" I called.

She flinched.

"Uh yes, she is sleeping in the waiting area, she looked very tired so I didn't wake her" she explained.

"Ms pretty could you direct me to where she is," I asked.

"Ms pretty," she asked covering her cheeks.

" f—follow me, please, "she said.

She began walking and I followed behind her. As she said indeed Skylar was asleep on a chair in the waiting area.

I walked to her, kneeled then pushed back some locks of hair that had covered her face.

"Isn't there a spare bed she could use? "I asked.

The nurse looked deep in thought.

"Oh there are some private rooms that are not occupied and the best part is they are very quiet so she should be able to rest comfortably there" she suddenly stated.

I stood up then gently picked her up in my arms. She stirred then snuggled into my neck, her soft gentle breath was fanning my neck.

'You are so unfair, Ginger'

I carried her to the said private room and gently placed her on one of the beds, the room had two beds right next to each other, I asked the nurse why a private room had an extra bed and she told me, that the person who used it before requested for the extra bed so she could sleep in the same room as her husband for her to take care of him but when they left, the people in charge of cleaning forgot to take it back.

The nurse went back to her job or something so I was left alone with Skylar.

I walked to the window and then opened it, it had started pouring outside. I couldn't see anything outside.