Chapter 21: Therapy

Rai's POV

I opened my eyes and then sat up on the bed. Zack wasn't in the room. I got out of bed and started walking to the kitchen. When I opened the bedroom door a familiar smell enveloped my nose.

"That smells like Amanda's cooking" I commented.

'I miss her so much'

"G-good morning Rai" I heard a voice say.

My eyes widened.

"Amanda when did you" I called.

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming. She was still there.

"I arrived late last night, you were still sleeping so I didn't want to disturb" she answered.

I rushed to her with a huge grin then tried to hug her but paused mid-way. I turned away from her.

"I'm still upset with you so I won't welcome you back" I stated.

"Rai about what that man said it's not true -"

"What man, you were the one who said you'd be here right away but you took such a long time to come back" I blurted out.

The truth is, I remember that phone call. I remembered what the man said and everything but I didn't want to ask her about it, I didn't want my suspicions to be confirmed so I pretended not to remember. I felt like it was better to then a deed ear than confirm my fears.

"I-is that why you didn't want to talk to me when I called again that night," she asked.

The front door opened revealing Zack.

"Amanda why are you up so early, you just got back last night. Are you not tired" Zack asked.

"Uh jet lag. I was having trouble sleeping. Zack can I talk to you for a bit" Amanda asked.

"OK, what's up," Zack asked staring at her confused.

"Outside," she remarked.

"Rai could you place some food on my plate too, I'll be back in a sec " Zack assured.

"Uh sure" I agreed.

Amanda walked away and Zack followed her.

'Is there a problem'

I sat down and started filling my plate with food. Skylar walked out of her room with a yarn, she stretched her arms.

"I missed the smell of Amanda's breakfast in the morning" she commented with a light laugh.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Good morning Rai, how are you feeling? Do you still have a headache" she asked as she walked closer.

She took a seat and started serving herself.

"No, I feel fine. How about you doctor you seem rather cheerful these past few days" I pointed out.