Chapter 37: Break

Hunter's POV

Two months had passed since my birthday party, it took about 3 weeks just for me to finally finish opening up my birthday presents.

Two months went by in a flash and things between Amanda and I were getting much worse.

After I told Zack that I felt alone at my birthday party he did try spending more time with me but that only lasted for so long. He had a girlfriend and now that their relationship was made public, they were more open about it.

My body wasn't completely healed so I still hadn't reported to work. In the morning, he would always make sure we had breakfast together and tried to converse with me but breakfast wasn't just me and him, of course, his girlfriend was there, and it's not like he could just ignore her when she spoke to him.

During the day I was mostly with Brian since everyone had to go to work and in the evenings I often had dinner alone, Zack mostly ate out with Skylar and Amanda, well she always came home late. Zack was trying his best but like they say you can't serve two masters at once. He had a girlfriend who stayed in the same house, no matter how he tried his attention would always be divided.

Amanda and my relationship on the other hand was none existent at that point. Apart from small talk, we didn't interact much, we were basically strangers. I spent my day mostly doing interviews with various media houses, yes the media was still all over me. If not that I was with my physical therapist, He helped a lot with helping me regain my strength.

With how busy my schedule had been, I wasn't really able to talk to her properly not to mention she left for work early and came back really late and she always seemed tired. When I called the office they told me she never worked overtime.

That of course made me wonder if she was going to meet someone in secret and my suspicion was proven correct. Apparently, she had reconciled with her parents, she was renting them a house in the city and paying for her father's medical expenses. I did understand why she decided to keep that a secret from me and Zack after everything that happened in the past but at the same time, it irritated me.

I sighed then stood up and walked out of my room, it was already passed 8 AM.

'I'm sure Zack has left for the office already'

I walked downstairs and found Zack having breakfast.

"I thought you had already left for work," I said then took a seat.

"I overslept. Is the physical therapist coming over today" he asked.

"No" I replied.

"Hmm I see" he replied.

"I already got the go-ahead so I think I'll be returning to work by next week" I announced.

"Kay. Don't push yourself, if it's too much just take a break" He answered.

I served myself and then started eating, we ate in silence for a short while before Zack spoke up.

"Kira and Ethan have been too quiet, it's starting to worry me" He spoke up.

"I get what you mean, do you think he's planning something, or maybe he's just in hiding," I asked.

He signed.

"Last time in the hospital, he said something about taking out a page from your book and letting us get a taste of our own medicine. This silence can only mean he's planning something really bad" he explained.

I chuckled.

"A taste of our own medicine That will be hard to narrow down. We had been rather creative over the years. It's kind of scary thinking of what he could do" I commented.