Chapter 22: Anger

Amanda's POV

"My love what is happening to you," I asked myself.

Skylar gently rubbed my back.

"Don't worry, he's going to be okay" she assured but I could tell she was scared too because her hands were shaking.

After Skylar gave him a sedative, he fell asleep but soon after he kept groaning and turning in bed, it seemed he was having a nightmare. He was gripping the sheets very tight, he was sweating profoundly and he kept murmuring about saving a woman.

"What in the world is happening to him," Zack asked his therapist.

"You said when he was put in the asylum they plug him into a machine right and when he first got out he couldn't remember you," The therapist asked.

"That's right, they were attempting to do something with his memory or something" Brian answered.

"Well, it seems this is the reason he can't seem to regain his memories" The therapist commented.

"What do you mean by that," I asked.

"They succeeded in tampering with his memories, when the session started the first scene or memory he recalled was Amanda who was his wife serving him breakfast. Hunter knows that he and Amanda never got married, he was calm throughout but then when he said he overheard you and Zack arguing about your affair he completely blocked out my voice, I think he stopped considering that as an illusion and made it a part of his memory.

We have no idea what they made him see but he lost the moment he belived everything he heard and saw was the truth. His subconscious mind believes everything but his unconscious mind knows everything is not true. This gives rise to his condition now. His mind can't tell what are his actual memories and which ones are just illusions. He had been there for a long time the results might be permanent.

He is lucky his brain went this route and blocked all his memories otherwise if that didn't happen, he would have lost his sanity, or worse, he would have gone into a comma or died" she explained.
.

"So what are you saying that if he gets back his memories he will go mad or end up in a comma," Zack asked.

"No, if this is treated with caution as I should have been doing, it's possible to filter out the illusion but that would be difficult because even we ourselves wouldn't know which ones are his memories and which ones are not" She explained.

"Thank you, doctor, we'll talk about this and get back to you about this," Zack said.

"Amanda, looks like he is finally calming down. We should leave him alone to rest" Skylar suggested.

"No, I don't want to," I remarked.

"Amanda-" Zack started.

"I said no, I don't want to leave" I declared.

Zack walked to me and then ran a hand in my hair.

"OK, then I'll stay as well. We'll take care of Rai. Doctor you should rest thank you for your help today, unfortunately, I can't prepare your accommodation at a hotel yet. We don't know what his condition will be when he wakes up so I'll have to ask that you stay in the house till he wakes up. Skylar is that okay"

"Uh yes, don't worry I'll take care of her. Please doctor follow me, I'll show you to your room" Skylar suggested.

"A-alright," the therapist said then walked out of the room with Skylar.

I held Hunter's hand. Tears started spilling from my eyes.

"I can't imagine the pain he had to go through and now he has to relive it. This is all our fault" I said.