Chapter 42: Damage Control

Hunter's POV

"Fuck this fucking sucks" Zack groaned hitting the punching bag.

"I hate this. Everything is falling apart," he screamed.

A whole month had gone by, one of the longest months I had ever experienced in my life.

Firstly the entire H&Z empire was blown up in a single day, there were a lot of casualties, we lost about 5 thousand employees plus of the company across various branches. The explosion was caused by a foreign item brought into the company so we were at least safe from dealing with a lawsuit.

Ethan was trying to do to us what we did to Justin, he was trying to isolate us from the people helping us.

After he blew up H&Z, Steve was suddenly suspended and detained a few days later on accusations of corruption and theft, evidence that no one knew existed suddenly popped up. A few days after that there was an assignation attempt on Brian but lucky he survived.

Several of our connections in various fields were being targeted and wiped out, it was hard to counter-attack when we did even know where our enemy was

"If he kills any more of our allies, we might actually end up crippled, we might never recover. I'm sorry" I apologized.

"Had I killed him sooner this wouldn't have happened. The company, I know how much it meant to you, We spent years to get it to that state and now it's gone" I added.

He stopped hitting the bag. He signed as he ran a hand in his hair.

"Why are you apologizing, it wasn't your fault. The company no matter how much we cared for it, it was just a building. We can rebuild it over and over again, as long as you are still alive it's not so bad. What I'm worried about is the way he's progressing, the girls might be next, he's proven he's willing to do anything to have Amanda" he commented.

"I was thinking the same. She'll be much safer in hiding far away from here but that might be exactly what he wants, that's why he's causing all these destructions so we could drop our guard" I replied.

"What next, we can't just let him run out of control like this Zack asked.

"Of course but now that he's silenced most of our people it will be hard tracking him down" I answered.

"Why do we have to follow him? Why can't we just bring him to us? For sure he isn't far away from the city, he will need to be close by, close enough to keep an eye on Amanda. He's like a rat hiding away in the wall and what better way to catch a rat than putting a tasty plate of cheese in front of it" he suggested.

"Are you saying we should make Amanda bait? I refuse, I'd rather have him take everything away from me than risk Amanda" I immediately refused.

"Nothing will change if we keep playing it safe like this. At this moment we have no choice other than fighting dirty He's taken the company away from us, had Steve detained, almost killed Brian What do you think he'll do next" He asked.

I sighed rubbing my forehead.

"I know you are right, I guess the days I spent as Rai made me weak-minded. I didn't want to do this but he's forced my hand. He forgot he isn't invisible, he also has a lot of weak spots" I added.

"What do you have in mind" he asked.

I stared down at my phone in my hands.

"I want to take away something he cares deeply about too" I replied.

"Like what that guy is like a snake pinning his jobs and relations is hard at the moment," Zack said.

I smiled.