Chapter 28: The Mansion

Rai's POV

"Seriously Hunter you have no idea how lonely I've been since you disappeared," the officer said clinging to me. He was hugging me, or more like Cushing me.

"Uh could you at least let me breath," I asked.

He let go and then backed away a bit.

"Sorry I just got carried away for a moment" he apologized.

"Sir—"

"Steve, my name is Steve" he corrected.

"Steve, thank you for helping me out. You went out of your way just to help me thank you" I stated.

He patted my shoulder.

"Don't thank me, you have done more for me. This was nothing" he assured.

"Pardon for asking but who are you to me exactly? You didn't explain properly on the ride here" I stated.

'Because you were crying and hugging me through out'

"Oh, I'm Steve Smith deputy chief of police, your and Zack's long-time friend. We've known each other since you were 18" he explained.

'Deputy chief?'

"Oh I see, that's quite a long time then—wait a minute did you just say your plans Zack's long-time friend," I asked.

'He overreacted when he found out Ramon was my friend but turns out he has a friend here too....how hypocritical'

"Uh Rai come on, you must be tired why don't you rest a bit" Amanda suggested.

"Oh come on, he has the rest of his life to rest, just for tonight let us talk a bit more. We haven't seen each other for years" Steve commented.

"Like you said he has his entire life, you can catch up tomorrow or the day after. You are not leaving town so soon right "Amanda asked.

" not really but you know Zack will hog all his attention "Steve joked with a light chuckle.

" Zack is sick so I think he will be in bed for a while, Amanda is right, it's been a long day let's pick this up again later "I suggested.

He hesitantly agreed. Amanda soon after started guiding me up the stairs. The house was huge, house?...... It was actually a freaking mansion, it was breathtaking.

I was used to that small house back on the island being inside such a huge house was overwhelming, I felt scared to sit on the sofa scared I might make it dirty. It was really so beautiful.

How did those two manage to leave such a place to stay on an island in a small house? It was only then I realized how uncomfortable it might have been for them.

" Rai" Amanda called snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes," I instantly answered.

"You look bothered, what's wrong," she asked.

"Nothing, I'm just surprised by how beautiful your mansion is" I answered.

"It's your home too silly. Anyway, you already know Zack's room. My room is the room three doors from yours, Skylar is staying in a guest bedroom which is down the hall and this is your room" she explained pointing to several doors at once.