Chapter 34: Betrayal?

Hunter's POV

"Hunter is everything alright," Zack asked towering over me.

"Yeah, why do you ask" I replied.

Zack sighed and then squat down.

"You insisted so much on us coming back here to this mansion even if it's not safe but ever since we got back you've been pushing yourself a little too much, you spend the majority of your time in the gym now" Zack pointed out.

I put down the dumbbell that was in my hands.

Two days had passed since I returned to my former self, I had insisted so much on them returning to the city with the excuse that my birthday preparation had to be overlooked from close by, only two days were left till my big day.

"I'm just sick of my body right now, I can't even hold a fucking cup in one hand anymore" I complained.

"Which is only temporary, your physical therapist said so. It's only been two days, you can't expect everything to go back to normal just like that" Zack reminded.

"I know but I don't like feeling like this, I hate it so much, it makes my blood boil" I confessed.

Zack smiled.

"I know what will take your mind off this for a while. Why don't we have a guys' day out huh, we can do whatever you like, we can take the private jet and go somewhere quiet just us" Zack suggested.

"Not today," I spoke up.

"But why not," Zack asked.

I smiled.

"I'm kind of hungry, let's go have breakfast" I suggested.

"Huh, are you trying to change the topic, that's just playing dirty. I'm seriously worried about you" He spoke up.

"I'm also worried about you, I haven't seen your girlfriend around for a while did she travel," I asked.

He paused.

"Ah, you mean Luana? We broke up years ago, I was a total mess when you disappeared, alcohol and killing were the only means of comfort, we started getting into fights a lot and one day I snapped" He explained.

I pat his hair.

"I really fucked everything up big time didn't I, I still don't understand why would still want to tolerate me. If I were you I would have just let someone like me die in a ditch somewhere" I commented.

"Don't say something like that right now, no matter how rotten and twisted you are, no matter what you do you are still my brother from a hotter mother and I love you, I never want to lose you. And besides Luana and my relationship was never going anywhere, to begin with, I'm happy right now, more than I was with her" he spoke up.

"Really. Do you have someone you like" I asked.

"Yeah, she's really pretty and smart. Like Amanda she doesn't let the way I am get to her, she accepts me for who I am, she makes me laugh, and she's a good listener, smart, kind and she's very bold. She's my everything" He said with a warm smile I hadn't seen in a long time.

"Then don't let her go no matter what, but first I want to meet her. Your choice of women is sometimes a bit doubtful. Invite her to my birthday, I'm very excited to meet the woman who makes my Zack this happy just talking about her" I said.

"Uh—"

The gym door opened reviling Brian.

"Sir, I've brought your birthday present as you requested" Brian spoke up.